Map Search Can't Turn Off Autocomplete

BigMoneyJim

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock Verizon HTC Droid Incredible with Android 2.3.4 (I never tried to root/unlock it). Since the last major system update I've had some issues, the most annoying being that the search function in Maps will show me suggestions/corrections/completions and always use the first suggestion if I hit enter. It will not search for what I type in, it always uses the suggestion.

I factory reset the phone yesterday, checking the box to clear the SD card, too. I updated the built-in apps and then used Google Play to reinstall my previous apps. I was surprised that my file data was still on both the phone storage and SD storage; I thought it would be wiped out. But all the phone settings were clearly "new".

My other issues were fixed, but the Map search issue is still here. I tried unchecking Prediction and Word completion under Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Touch Input, and I tried unchecking Google search suggestions under Settings -> Search -> Searchable Items. Neither fixed the problem.

So, how do I make Maps search for what I type instead of the first suggestion? This is a relatively recent problem. It's not that I mind the suggestions, it's that it's not giving me the option to search for my own terms.

The video is blurry, but I think you can see what's happening, anyway. This video was made after the reset and disabling the options I mentioned above. Actually internet search was doing the same thing before the factory reset, but after the reset the internet search is allowing me to search for whatever I type, but the Maps search is still trying to think for me.

Thanks!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MRCUdOUhw[/YT]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress