New Incredible Battery Life Sticky: Please Contribute

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I would have got got a bigger battery but i need to have a case with my phone so i got the 1750.

Seidio makes a case that covers the 3500 extended battery. I agree with the previous poster about spinning your wheels and jumping through hoops to try to stretch your battery life. Simply buy a bigger battery (the 3500 would be my recommendation) and get on with your life. It's money well spent and it resolves the issue completely.

goater1220

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Buy the 3500 mAh battery from Seidio. Seriously...my battery lasts 3 days sometimes. lol. Worth every damn penny.

You get 3 days out of that battery ? What kind of usage do you do? I bought one of the cheap 3500 mAh batteries off ebay and I have to charge it twice a day with heavy use

StrandedBrit

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can rooting really improve battery life? I am barely getting 6 hours right now with limited use. Especially in my work where there is limited signal. I took my phone off the charger at 8:00 this am, and it is now 9:30, and I am down to 62%. Also, what is the best battery for the Dinc?

Yes it can. I was sick of lasting half a day on stock and even with the 1750 I'd be lucky to get home with more than 10-15%.

I finally rooted and after some hit and miss I ended up with Virtuous Rom using their custom kernel. The difference is night and day. Instead of 10-15% when I get home, it's more like 40-60% depending on usage. I swear, when not being used it's almost like the battery meter doesn't move at all.

Anyway, I'd recommend it to people who are really upset with battery life. Made a difference for me.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Two things I've done that definitely increase battery life:

1. As others have noted, bump-charge it. When it's in the charger (and turned off) and the light's green, unplug it for a few seconds, then plug it back in. The light will be yellow again. It goes back to green in a few minutes.

2. I I don't think I've ever seen anybody recommending this one. INSTEAD of setting the screen timeout for 15-30-60 seconds or so, just set it on 15 minutes. When you finish using the device, press the power button, which turns off the display. It's a total waste of battery power for the display to constantly stay on for a minute after you've finished. Multiply this times the number of times you use it in a day's time, and you're saving some serious juice.
consider "display" is never even on my list of what is using my battery i am guessing it doesnt save you near as much as you think

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Turned off "System" monitoring tool and my battery life is back to what it should be. Coming up on 21 hours off the charger, 15% battery left. 2250 battery w/ a 3.5 on the use scale. Lots of Facebook, Tweetdeck, Google Reader. Angry Birds for 30 minutes.

1(L)--1--2--3(M)-*-4--5(H)

dkelly20

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Same here, my oem battery only lasted about 6hrs. I bought the Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh, and now I go 2 and a half to 3 days between charges. And I am a VERY heavy user.....Sirius radio, Pandora, tons of texting, emailing and net surfing.

Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended-Life Battery for HTC DROID Incredible at Amazon battery & cover for $53 bucks was well worth it for me.

josh74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ive found that if I charge via USB battery life is normal. No 10% drop in just a couple minutes anymore. Just my 2 cents:) By USB I mean charging from usb port on my computer, not using the wall charger.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just got this out of my seidio 1750 :) Sooo i'm pretty stoked about that

12376h2.png

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I just realized that we have different batteries. Maybe that is why your percentages are so different than mine.

I have the 3500 Seidio. My screen is on auto brightness and 2-minute timeout, yet my display percentage is usually below 20%.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
What kind of battery life do you get out of your 3500?

I'm a light to moderate user. Often, I can go 3 days without charging. I usually charge every other day, though - just in case an emergency happens; I don't want to be stuck with 50% in an emergency.

rich.kim

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had my incredible for just after few days now. Rooted with CM7 nightly builds. Trying to also gauge what kind of battery life is get. I know where I can find how long my phone has been on but where can I see awake time (I assume this means how long you've actually been using the phone as opposed to just turned on)?

RogerThat99

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had my incredible for just after few days now. Rooted with CM7 nightly builds. Trying to also gauge what kind of battery life is get. I know where I can find how long my phone has been on but where can I see awake time (I assume this means how long you've actually been using the phone as opposed to just turned on)?

Menu>Settings>About Phone>Battery will give you uptime and awake time.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
" it's memory-free so you can charge it at any time" -- wth? anyone know if the OEM battery in the Inc is memory-free?

is the Seidio 3500 memory-free? time to email Seidio. :-\

Last edited:

Bobby J

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
From a post above on battery from best buy i noticed several Htc units use the same battery, so i checked my old Htc Touch Pro 2 and it has a 1500 battery that will exchange with my Dinc battery, so some may have a spare and didn't know it. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress