wifi messing up syncing and reception?

phenanthrene

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My gmail, email, and weather all stopped updating a few hours ago. I tried manually syncing them all - the mail arrows spun around and then did nothing, and the weather gave me the following error message: "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather date, Retry?"

I turned off my wifi, and the issues all resolved themselves (and my phone immediately went from having 1-2 bars of reception to having 3-4).

Any ideas why this happened and how I can fix this (without turning off wifi) if it happens again?

Thanks!

phenanthrene

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
nope, it's a work wifi, so i have no control of it. my laptop is connected to it now, and there's no problem. will try this at home later with my home router and see if it's still an issue. strange, right?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It is a little strange just try to use another wifi connection and see if you have the same problem if you do you know there something wrong with the phone.

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wifi sometimes affects my sync as well, it mostly happens to the calendar but it has messed up my exchange mail before as well.. It usually works itself out but it can be annoying.. Also note this has happened on a variety of different wifi networks both residential and at work..

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with my work wifi as well. My home wifi with Verizon plays nicely with reception, email sync, Internet and Google Listen. My work wifi does not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer