Syncing Contacts

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
The contacts I create on my phone, don't seem to be syncing with my gmail account contacts. Contacts I create online, sync over just fine. Anyone know why this might be? I have my account sync all set up, with auto-sync and background data turned on. Thanks!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you making sure when you create a contact on your phone its type is "google"? It is a really stupid thing IMO, but "phone" contacts won't sync up to Google.

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that Kyle, I didn't even notice that option... makes sense I suppose, I do have some contacts on the phone that I don't necessarily want in my google contacts. Thanks a bunch!!

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you making sure when you create a contact on your phone its type is "google"? It is a really stupid thing IMO, but "phone" contacts won't sync up to Google.

I agree that from a user standpoint it is stupid. From a marketing perspective it is not. Like many I came off of a BB and have had various smartphones for over 10 years. I have always synced contacts to Outlook on my PC because I am an "old school" kind of guy and just can't get comfortable with a web mail client. After going Android Dinc on release day it took me about a week to throw in the towel and make gMail my main email account. Obviously Android phones do far better syncing calendars and contacts with Google apps. So while I still sync from gMail to Outlook on my PC, everything starts with my gMail contacts or calendar. Who knows, I might even get used to threaded email messages and go Google full time. If my Dinc would have synced (I'm a poet) the phone contacts and my calendar instantly I would never have joined the Google gang. Great marketing!

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree that from a user standpoint it is stupid. From a marketing perspective it is not. Like many I came off of a BB and have had various smartphones for over 10 years. I have always synced contacts to Outlook on my PC because I am an "old school" kind of guy and just can't get comfortable with a web mail client. After going Android Dinc on release day it took me about a week to throw in the towel and make gMail my main email account. Obviously Android phones do far better syncing calendars and contacts with Google apps. So while I still sync from gMail to Outlook on my PC, everything starts with my gMail contacts or calendar. Who knows, I might even get used to threaded email messages and go Google full time. If my Dinc would have synced (I'm a poet) the phone contacts and my calendar instantly I would never have joined the Google gang. Great marketing!

Now, if only Google would sync with Outlook 2010...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty