DInc's going nude

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So it's been a few months since the Dinc release and i've had a screen protector and verizon silicon case on it ever since. For some reason I've been getting a real itch to let mine go naked...so, how many people have been rocking their DInc's nude and what are the results, like in the screen scratch department.

Keeping in mind the fact that i do have 2 year old kids and they have quite the reach....its the only reason i haven't let my free flag fly yet.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I used to use the verizon sillicone case for the first month I had it..its been nakie ever since and not one scratch. Seems like the back is pretty durable I can't find a scratch on it

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I've never had any protection on mine since day 1 (April pre-sale) and no scratches on screen at all and I'm pretty rough with it. Do it chick!!!! Go Nekky!!!!!!!

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I always keep my phones naked. Because my phone gets its own pocket. The incredible is as pristine as it was day one. Which was April 30th for me.

For any freak occurrences.... insurance.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
. Do it chick!!!!

Appreciate the positive encouragement...I think I'm all in on the nude.

Just one thing, I'm a dude, dude. Wanda's just a nickname...like calling your overweight friends "slim" or your short friends "stretch"....its cool though, i've been called much worse! :D

Zahhak.ts

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I always rock a screen protector on my phones but nothing else. Body scratches don't bother me but a screen scratch would bug me to much.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I always rock a screen protector on my phones but nothing else. Body scratches don't bother me but a screen scratch would bug me to much.

Thats kinda the way i've been leaning too. Typically my phone gets its own pocket so that shouldn't be a big deal but i'm usually too anal about my electronics and i don't want my screen a jacked up. Its just for some reason i feel like its such a good looking design that it's time for my DInc to get out and "breathe".

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My DInc suffered a pretty serious chip on the top left corner after a pavement drop. But as long as it's dressed with a Zagg screen protector and the screen/camera remain pristine, I feel like I can live with pretty much anything else that may happen to it. Not worth killing the sleek stock look IMO.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I never bothered with a screen protector, and my screen is perfect. Phone gets a dedicated pocket, screen always in, and I'm generally conscious of it, so I think that helps. I still have a case on it though - as much as I'd rather go naked, I've had enough bumps/drops with the case on that I'm not going to risk it.

Reborn58

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I use a screen protector simply because it reduces glare and makes it smoother to slide on the screen.

And the case helps me not drop the phone in the first place since it is easier to grip than the smooth surface of the phone.

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Something else to think about, a naked phone is a cooler phone. I defected over from an Iphone, and Iphones tend to get hot with lots of use, or while syncing. A case(depending on style, and thickness) holds alot of that heat in. Batteries dont like heat, neither do micro electronics.

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Nekked here... well almost. Kept the Zagg shield. I agree, it's easier to slide my finger over it than the bare screen. Also, use of the 3500 mAh batteries leave few options for available cases. On the fly I use a cheap generic nylon pouch w/ velcro closure, then transport in a dedicated pocket or add a lanyard and hang the whole works around my neck.

Let 'er breathe.

-

CyberThreat

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Have 2 Droid Incredibles, both with Verizon Silicon Cases, no screen protectors. They both look great and have no scratches!
Wife carries hers in her purse with keys, I carry mine in my pockets.

btw, this is my first post. Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87