Can't install Froyo on STOCK Incredible

Hush#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I"m having a very difficult time installing Froyo on my Incredible. I tried installing it through OTA and manually, but each time I would get an "assert failed: apply_patch_check" error and the installation would be aborted. I looked up the issue throughout the internet and every similar problem that I found from people are the ones that rooted their phone. My phone is stock and I haven't done any rooting to it at all, yet I can't seem to install the firmware. My software number is: 1.22.605.2. If any can help, I will really appreciate it.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you apply the 720p leaked update? That's what it sound like. If you did you would need to RUU or flash your phone back to 2.1 factory fresh, then try the update again. I believe the regular 2.1 software number was 1.22.605.1? Not sure and I can't remember.

Hush#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I hadn't done any kind of update ever since I received my phone in May. I initially tried installing Froyo through OTA. It is when it didn't work that I installed it manually. That didn't work either. Though when I look at my firmware version, it says 2.1-update 1. I'm not sure what that means. I tried a factory reset and also resetting it through recovering system, but I still can't update my firmware. Does factory reset not change the software number back?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
2.1-update 1 was the fix they pushed a day or so after release that fixed some exchange syncing stuff etc.

If it's all stock not been modified it looks as if you are stuck. Call Verizon see what they say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer