2.2 update issues solved (for me)

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
After the 2.2 update I had a few issues with my phone. The data connection would randomly and mysteriously drop. I could make calls and send sms/mms, but no browser or data apps worked until I reset the phone. I also had an issue with landscape and portrait not working. For example, the Engadget app was always in portrait, until I opened an article, then it would automatically roll to landscape. It didn't matter how I was holding the phone. There was also serious lag going between the two.

The best answer I got from my local Verizon Tech was that sometimes after an update, there are remnants of the old software that didn't get updated and are now conflicting with the new software. I raised the BS flag at first, but...

Long story short, I got in a crazy mood and decided to do a factory wipe and reinstall. It was a pain in the backside, but it worked like a charm! Solved the issues I had and now I am back in love with my phone!

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Same experience here. Most of my problems have disappeared after resetting. Still annoyed with all of the added Verizon crap, but I'm doing my best to ignore it.

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me as well. My batter only lasted 2 hours before the factory wipe along with some other issues. Now the battery lasts most of the day. Everything works smoothly now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87