New SDHC Card - Backup?

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
So I just got a new 16gb SDHC card to replace my 8GB one. My questions are:

1) What are the best ways for me to back up any data?
2) I am not rooted is there an app to back up?
3) Do I need to move any apps back to the phone?
4) Do I need to re-download any apps, and if I bought them will they be a free download or will I have to purchase again?

Thanks for any help you all may provide!! :D

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What I have done in the past was to connect the phone to a pc and move all the files from the sdcard to the pc then to the new sdcard. All your apps should be on the phone storage not your sdcard. If you ever lose your apps or change phones any apps that you have bought will be available to re download at no cost in the market.

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
cool, wasn't sure if it was as straight forward as that. Will be doing this tonight. Thanks man...
Before you copy files from your computer back to your newly installed SD card make sure you format the new SD card. I recently upgraded my SD card and copy music without formatting the new card. Then while playing music the player was skipping/lagging during playback. After I formatted the card and re-copy the files everything worked fine.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Before you copy files from your computer back to your newly installed SD card make sure you format the new SD card. I recently upgraded my SD card and copy music without formatting the new card. Then while playing music the player was skipping/lagging during playback. After I formatted the card and re-copy the files everything worked fine.

And if you want the least problem, make sure you format it in the FAT32 format.

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
And if you want the least problem, make sure you format it in the FAT32 format.
I'm curious regarding what issues you have encountered. I formatted mine through the phone's internal utility. However, I sync my phone with my Mac not with a Microsoft OS. So far it's working great for me.