typing slow in browser??

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Soooooooo is does anyone else experience this?

sometimes when im using the browser the typing slows to a crawl. I push a key and 2-3 seconds later the letter shows up in the text box.

this happens most often when on any online forum.

can anyone shed some light here??

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't say I've had that happen.

How many tabs do you have open? And does the site have a lot of Flash ads (assuming you have Flash and it is enabled)?

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't say I've had that happen.

How many tabs do you have open? And does the site have a lot of Flash ads (assuming you have Flash and it is enabled)?

it happens with 1 tab open and it happens with 4 tabs open, doesnt seem to effect it either way

no flash at all. it happens on simple vBulletin powered forums like this one, android forums, and ClubRSX.

those are the ones i use the most. but it also happens in every other text field

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had the slow down during typing deal pop up here and there randomly. I can only assume this is a Android 2.2 bug.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
it happened prior to 2.2 also. its been going on for a while its just finally annoyed me enough to say something. I would like to be able to use my web browser for forums please and thank you lol.
Not a 2.2 bug. What other apps do you have loaded?
touiteur
fx camera
google maps
paypal
android central
beautiful widgets
newsroom
batteryminder
lookout
bible
flash 10
dropbox
log collector
photobucket
rockplayer
gps test
switchpro widget
desktop visualizer
FML
barcode scanner
shazam
goggles
ct scheduler
gmote 2.0
VLC remote
uninstaller
last.fm
wifi analyzer
ak notepad
IMDB
B of A mobile
astro
dictionary.com
compass
mysmsbomber ;)
system panel

PinayMonkey

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
it happens with 1 tab open and it happens with 4 tabs open, doesnt seem to effect it either way

no flash at all. it happens on simple vBulletin powered forums like this one, android forums, and ClubRSX.

those are the ones i use the most. but it also happens in every other text field

I've had the same thing happen. I have MAJOR lag when texting, typing in browser or anything that uses the keyboard. I have had my phone replaced by HTC for the 3rd time now so it's NOT a phone defect. It also happened BEFORE the 2.2 update to me as well. I just recieved my newest replacement phone and I haven't loaded any apps yet and I am still experiencing the lag. I have been searching through these forums day in a out and the only thing I haven't tried to solve it yet out of all the suggestions out there is to format your SD card. I've had mine since the Storm I first released and have xfered it from phone to phone as I've upgraded over the years. Apparently if it's an older SD card it might need to be re-formatted and that might solve the issue. Other than that I can't explain it and for the longest time I thought I was the only person experiencing it. Glad to know it's not just me and I'm not crazy since no one on here would help me out in my posts. I am going to try to reformat my SD card this weekend. If I notice it works, I'll be sure to let you know.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen. I have MAJOR lag when texting, typing in browser or anything that uses the keyboard. I have had my phone replaced by HTC for the 3rd time now so it's NOT a phone defect. It also happened BEFORE the 2.2 update to me as well. I just recieved my newest replacement phone and I haven't loaded any apps yet and I am still experiencing the lag. I have been searching through these forums day in a out and the only thing I haven't tried to solve it yet out of all the suggestions out there is to format your SD card. I've had mine since the Storm I first released and have xfered it from phone to phone as I've upgraded over the years. Apparently if it's an older SD card it might need to be re-formatted and that might solve the issue. Other than that I can't explain it and for the longest time I thought I was the only person experiencing it. Glad to know it's not just me and I'm not crazy since no one on here would help me out in my posts. I am going to try to reformat my SD card this weekend. If I notice it works, I'll be sure to let you know.

my SD card is brand new and loaded up only a month ago so its not that.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had the problem before and it seems to happen when I've had my phone on and running a lot for a few days. After a reboot im back to normal tho

Via TT

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd think that it may be because of an app you've installed.

Try remembering when it first started doing this. Then, uninstall any app that you installed around that time and see if it helps.

If you do find an app that is causing it, just contact the developer with the problem. They are normally very accommodating.

And no, this isn't normal at all. I can type with no lag in the browser, or anywhere else, at any time.

You may also want to try using a different keyboard, as well. See if the problem persists with all, or just the stock HTC keyboard. Maybe you should try the stock Froyo keyboard? I believe its available at xda developers.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had the problem before and it seems to happen when I've had my phone on and running a lot for a few days. After a reboot im back to normal tho

Via TT
High five for being cuban! ME TOO!! lol
I'd think that it may be because of an app you've installed.

Try remembering when it first started doing this. Then, uninstall any app that you installed around that time and see if it helps.

If you do find an app that is causing it, just contact the developer with the problem. They are normally very accommodating.

And no, this isn't normal at all. I can type with no lag in the browser, or anywhere else, at any time.

You may also want to try using a different keyboard, as well. See if the problem persists with all, or just the stock HTC keyboard. Maybe you should try the stock Froyo keyboard? I believe its available at xda developers.

its not any certain app and i dont really have anyting running in the background. hmmm it could be a keyboard but i doubt it because i'm using the stock keyboard so theres no reason that HTC's would cause the phone to slow down. not sure what's going on -____-

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine has done this before and after froyo. It doens't do it all the time but it has done it.

I think the issue may be related to animation or flash thats somewhere off screen thats trying to do its thing while you type. While the browser is good and it can do many things I never thought it would be able to do, its not IE, and therefore could have a penchant for not working as well as IE.

Most websites aren't developed for working on android, right?

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The flash thing is a good point. I'm not sure why the browser wouldnt be designed to not run off screen flash but it is a possibility?

IE blows. lol

eh websites shouldnt have to be made specific to a type of OS or device, It's the job of whatever browser that is in use to translate.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
eh websites shouldnt have to be made specific to a type of OS or device, It's the job of whatever browser that is in use to translate.

This is true. However, while our phones are essentially little mini computers, one can't expect them to handle everything a computer does without some issues and/or setbacks along the way.

I'm sure one day this won't matter. I guess I spoke too soon when I said "websites". I should have probably said "forum software" if thats what your trying to type into, or "website software" for that matter. I mean android hasn't had 20 years to be around, and in just the past few years is really starting to come to the forefront.

This poses a challenge for those who make websites, and or software that runs on a website. I am sure that if you specifically design around the native android browser it will work perfect. But will it work perfect on IE or Firefox? Who knows? Since most end users aren't buying software so it works perfect with android, developers of said stuff will cater to IE and firefox guys with android in the picture but not really cared about.

Remember the days when you went to a website in netscape and it looked funky or didn't work right and at the bottom it said "site works best with IE 5.0" or whatever it was? I think thats what we are dealing with here. You don't see that as much anymore, and I think given a few years the same will be true with android.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
i just want to eliminate the 3 second delay from the time i press the on screen keyboard and the letter pops up -_____-