New guy with INC on the way

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Howdy. I have been like many others a bb user for quite some time. It is without a doubt that many of us have many questions however I have a simple one for many yet a huge mystery for myself.
My incredible will be here Wednesday and I have a tour now. Currently my phone is backed up via desktop manager and my contacts are also backed up on backup assistant for verizon.
Usually in the past I have gone to the store and had them transfer them for a 10 dollar fee but would rather skip that for now. I have read and searched on here as I am not a newbie to forums but can not find the specific answer to ease my mind.
I have heard and read so much about contacts duplicating and that back up assistant does this or can at some point. Not good. I am using gmail for my primary email now and use sync for my calendar only between my phone and the gmail calender love it and would be lost without it these days.
So when I receive the phone how should I transfer the contacts safely,efficiently, and quickly so that they are there in the way they are now? Should I sync my contacts from my bb now to gmail or will it duplicate the contacts I have in there already thats my main concern I really really dont want to delete 201 duplicates. Just saying.
Please walk me through what would be best now so that when the phone arrives I am prepared. Thank you so much!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The way I did was setup my gmail account on my computer and then download the gmail app for my blackberry and sync my contacts , there is an option in the gmail to not have duplicates so thats a non issue .

You should see a guide how to do this in the link in my signature down below this message that will help you and walk you tho the process step by step ;) under title Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server may help ya

I dont use vzw's backup on android and dont recommend to.... its buggy, and no real need for.

Since my contacts are saved in my gmail account

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa