Text 2 correct person received wrong person

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is going to sound extremely bizarre and I am not sure exactly how to describe it. The first occurrence that I have on file is 9-3-10, I seem to think it's happened before only this is what is showing up in message history. Sometimes I will forward an MMS message to a group of individuals in my address book using STOCK Message app. The messages all possibly arrive at there destination except for one person. I know it goes to the wrong person due to the who the heck is this message. The intended receipt is Person A with a phone number of 216-YYY-XXXX while the actual receiver Person B with phone number of 330-YYY-XXXX. I do not know Person B and have know idea who Person B is. I can send individual SMS and MMS it seems without any issue. I do sync the phone via exchange and so I deleted Person A from my outlook. I waited to for to sync to the phone and then recreated Person A in outlook. I forwarded another MMS to a group of people. Of course Person A claims it was never received and Person B does not respond to confirm. I think Person B is a little upset with some of the jokes i sent.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What happens if you just delete person B ? :confused: Since that is who you don't want to send to ;)

Sent using TaPaTaLk

Krzr93

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm had this happen but with phone calls. I go to the phone book and select a person and then it decides to call a random person who is in my phone book as well.

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
This same thing happened to me with a text I sent using the stock messaging app. The number I sent the message to had an area code of 320 and instead someone at the same number but area code 616 received it. I called Verizon and the tech I spoke with told me that when the message app is sending the text and can't resolved the number for some reason then it will substitute the area code of the phone (so my own area code) for the area code of the number it has issues with. I looked in my contacts and the number I was trying to text showed up with an extra set of parentheses around the entire number ((320)xxx-xxxx). I'm thinking that this was the reason that my phone couldn't resolve the number when I had this issue.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I deleted the entire contact and recreated hoping to resolve so we will see next time I send somethin to that person

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

45Wheelgun

Jul 3, 2010
smith-wessonforum.com
I am at the receiving end of these types of texts. I get 40-50 per month. Rare to get more then one from a single number. Verizon has no answer for me. They come from all parts of the country, never from my own area code.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife has been recently complaining that sometimes when she selects a person to send a text to in the stock app, it will prefill the wrong person. I use handcent and have never had this happen to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress