Weather app displays weird

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Every once in a while, the home screen weather widget (the standard HTC one that shows the time w/weather for the current location) gets messed up somehow and starts displaying weird. Its hard to explain and im not sure exactly how to get a picture of it, so please excuse if its confusing.
Normally, it will have the city on the left, a picture of the current forecast in the center, and the temp/date/time on the right of the widget. Every once in a while, it decides to move everything from the right of the widget (time/date/temp) to the center and it ends up getting covered by the picture of the current forecast and I cant read it.
The only way I have found to fix it is to remove the widget and add it to the home screen again. Its annoying to have to do this every time. Has anyone else seen this before?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The widget has been odd for a while now.
Mine the past two days says no info available.

I would remove the widget, reboot and then add it back to your homescreen.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this, but its never persisted. I seem to recall dealing with it the same way -- removing the widget and adding it again. Is it happening often, such that you are having to intervene a lot? You might try clearing the data cache for the weather widget resources after you've removed the widget but before adding it back in. Just a thought. No idea if it would work.

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
It hasnt happened lately really. But it has happened often at times. Some times it will do it like once a month and then others a few times a week. i'll see if i can clear the cache as mentioned. worth a shot i guess.