Any unrooted people ?

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have not rooted yet. It main reason being that I have the insurance on my phone and don't know if that would be affected if I root.

I have all the files downloaded, just haven't pulled the trigger yet...

Droid121572

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to root but I'm afraid I might brick my phone. I've been waiting for one of my friends to root first and then have them help me.
I've read up but haven't done it yet.

Droid121572

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
No doubt the phone is awesome stock but maybe rooting it will help me delay upgrading phones. It might feel like a brand new phone with a custom rom and kernel.
I have my last yearly upgrade in April. If I can make it last to the last half of the year maybe HTC will have a dual core phone out then.

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't rooted b/c I'm pretty happy with the phone as it is. I've only had it for two weeks, so I'm going to enjoy it unrooted for a while, and if I become bored and want a new look and feel, I'll root. It seems like a pretty simple process on the Incredible.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had the phone since day 1, but I honestly haven't found a reason why I should root it. I guess if I start running into things I'd like to do, but can't without root, I'll do it.

jpoutre

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have had my phone from day one and have no desire to root. I have never researched doing so or to see what it does but my phone works fine (other than reboot issue) as far as features and I don't see any need. Works fast enough for me.

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't rooted because I don't have time to fiddle with my phone - I have a 7 month old daughter and when I get home from work, she's my priority, not playing around with my phone. Plus, I've been having reboot issues (on my 2nd Inc now) and wanted to be sure that I could return it.

TaylorFox#AC

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone since launch and I've been wanting to root it lately just to improve battery life and be able to do processes that only rooting supports (such as taking screenshots). And I've researched it, but I'm still scared of bricking my phone and ruining my warranty/insurance plan. Also, the unroot process seems pretty complex if you wanted to take the phone in for maintenance. I really wouldn't change anything about the Incredible other than terrible battery life and the inability to take screenshots (which even Blackberries have the capability to do). Other than that, I love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38