How do I load my contacts from my computer to DI

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If using the Google Contacts (Gmail) and have duplicates once on the "My Contact page " you can click on the tab "More actions" ( its on the tab above you first contact listed) and just click on "Find and Merge Duplicates " :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That sounds very promising could you be more specific, where is My Contact Page?

From a computer log into your gmail account, on the far left hand side of page up near top click on ,>"Contacts">You will see tabs at the top of the Contact List >More actions is the 4th tab over looking from left to right .

Click on "more actions tab" and you will see the "merge duplicates tab"

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Your Welcome !

Just remember to sync you contacts again from your phone ,,,after you "find & merge contacts"

Menu button>settings>accounts>gmail account>sync contacts

herbmmm

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Worked Great but I did get a lot of contacts that are listed with first name then last name where in my contacts on computer they are last name first. Any way to correct this on my phone with out going into every contact manually. I have 900 contacts!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If on the computer you want to change if your contacts show by last name or first name then go to the same tab (more actions tab )that you did when you merged contacts and you will see there is a "first name" or "last name" shown last in the list ,,to check or uncheck depending on how you want the order to be.

If on the phone you want to rearrange if by first or last name go to >Contacts>Menu button>Display options> third one in the list shows > View contact name as> you have option to tick either first name or last name

herbmmm

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a "Contacts" button on my phone! I use the people button to access my contacts. If there is a contact button on phone how do I get to it? Thanks for all your help!!!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Try pushing the dialer button(dial numer buttons showing),so the tabs at the top are showing >Dialer tab>recent call tab>contacts Tab>favorite ,see if you see it there

yeah i forgot the dinc does show the people button in the app drawer

sent using TaPaTaLk

herbmmm

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Think I found the answer to getting Contacts arranged with Last name first!

Jack... I had the same thing happen to me. Really pissed me off too. I hope you sync contacts with Google or an exchange server (as I did). The only solution I found was to delete all the contacts and re-sync. I suggest a few steps in the deletion process. First, when in People and All... go to Menu, Delete, Menu, Select all. Then go into Settings, Applications, Manage Applications. Find and select the contacts storage and delete cache and data there also. Then re-sync. This should make sure there are no lingering contacts in storage and no duplicates when you re-sync.

It works!!!!!!!!

coco savage

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok i had tons of duplicates on my phone...saved to a vcf file....went to gmail and merged all the doubles. Saved that to a new vcf file, but on the phone its still all doubles....how do i wipe them out so i can load the new merged vcf file i made on gmail?!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have everything straight on Gmail, delete everything on your phone and the Gmail will resync your contacts. If it does not resync right away, clear the data in Gmail, and in the people app, then it will resync.

Good luck

Reactions: coco savage

coco savage

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If you have everything straight on Gmail, delete everything on your phone and the Gmail will resync your contacts. If it does not resync right away, clear the data in Gmail, and in the people app, then it will resync.

Good luck
How awesome is this? The Stig answers my question! my life is complete...seriously stig ftw :D

Reactions: PvilleComp

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non