Droid Incredible Pre-Order at Best Buy Starts Sunday, 4.18.10

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is news or has been mentioned in other threads. Visited my local Best Buy store in Brooklyn, Verizon's info booth is set up right in front, can't miss it :rolleyes:

So, I asked the VZ guy about the incredible, he said pre-sale starts tomorrow, Sunday. He said it's $50 pre-pay for 1 unit, and if it's a new contract, you also save 30 bucks if you transfer your phone #. He also said each location gets 5-10 units (yeah, right) so pre-ordering it is crucial if you want to get your Droid Incredible on the day of the official launch.

I'm definitely going there tomo!

:D

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
That's what I heard before, too (the 19th), that's why I was kind of surprised to hear it could be pre-ordered on the 18th.

Either way, can't trust VZ people's "knowledge" - a manager at a VZ store, when I asked her what's new coming soon? she said "They're promising iPhone...but I don't know when"... and she said according to her memos, which were updated this morning, there is nothing in them that mentions Droid Incredible Launch any time soon.

Pathetic.

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I beleive you can pre-order thru bestbuy on the 18th and maybe get it earlier..? I thought I heard that somewhere and you can also pre-order thru verizon on the 19th..? I think that is accurate.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Got mine! There seems to be some conflicting info about whether the pre-order can be done at an actual BB store of if it is the free standing BB Mobile only. Mine was at a regular BB, the nearest BB Mobile is about 90 miles away.

RanHam335

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now I have a samsung glyde. Had it for two years and its getting on my nerves. The touch screen doesn't work for crap, thank god it had a qwerty keyboard because i wouldn't be able to use it otherwise. But Im eligible for my 2 year upgrade, and I'm planning on pre ordering the incredible tomorrow online. Im doing it online because my employer offers discounts on verizion wireless, hopefully I can get some kind of discount on the incredible. My phone right now frustrates me so much, I can't seem to control myself not to preorder. I am a bit nervous getting a phone without trying it out first. Do you guys think I'm making a mistake preordering? The only other phone I was interested in was the nexus one, but with the incredible Im not considering that one anymore. If the iphone came to verizon I would want that phone hands down, but I figured the incredible is a great substitute for it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys think I'm making a mistake preordering?

You can always return it, if you don't like it. Trying it out in the comfort of your own home is probably better than trying it out in the store anyway, where it's locked down by those annoying zip ties or whatever they are.

tkk

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I went to BB this morning and pre-ordered. :) You pay $50 up front but get a $50 gift card you can use right away. You don't actually pay anything else or do the contract until you pick the little gem up. But the guy said the NE2 will apply.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I went to BB this morning and pre-ordered. :) You pay $50 up front but get a $50 gift card you can use right away. You don't actually pay anything else or do the contract until you pick the little gem up. But the guy said the NE2 will apply.

So I wonder then.. Could you do the preorder thing, and then say you changed your mind. Perhaps the N1 finally comes out this Tuesday and it's got some ridiculous processor like 2GHz or something and a Super AMOLED display (hey I can dream). Are you still obligated to buy the Incredible? Or can you go and just spend the $50 gift card on something else there at Best Buy?

silver04xlt

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Im still curious if the phone will be available a few days earlier than the Verizon release. I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy this morning and the flyer that I had to fill out says it expires on 4/28/2010. With my previous pre-orders, you usually have 3 days to get the device after it launches or they do not hold it any longer and can sell it. If that is true still, then maybe 4/25 could be the date it is sold at BB.

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I preordered mine this morning from a regular Best Buy store. The guy said it will be there on 4/29 and not to expect it any earlier.

silver04xlt

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Darn. Oh well I guess it was wishful thinking. I just walked in asked for it and filled it out and left. Didnt bother to ask about details since I just assumed it was the 29th for everyone until I saw the expiration date.