Kernels to use with Powerwashed Gingerbread?

fassy100

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I am curently running powerwashed gingerbread and id like to k ow what are some good kernels i can use with this rom?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The two best kernels for PWGB are Comradesven's TKSGB and Imoseyen's Minimized Kernel. Both are pretty stable. TKSGB is over at XDA and Imoseyen posts his stuff at rootzwiki.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I dont know hoelw to operate with voodoo kernels

It's really not as scary as you think. If you don't want the ext4 conversion to happen, just make sure that after you flash the kernel in CWM, you go to the voodoo menu and disable both the lagfix and system lagfix options. Then you'll have the other benefits of the kernels without the file system change. And if you don't the first boot after the flash can take upwards of 20 minutes, depending on if you did a data wipe or not. You'll hear a robotic female voice telling you what step in the conversion it's on. Then when it's done, the phone will reboot and you'll either have a phone that runs a lot faster, or in my case, there was no difference.

fassy100

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Like im a noob at this all id have to do is download the kernal from a pc put on the root of my sd card and flash ot right?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You can download the kernel with your phone and flash it with cwm. That cuts out a step for you. You can also flash it straight from whatever folder it downloads to. Just make sure to wipe cache and dalvik first.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When I tried them, both were pretty stable, but I had random reboots and lag that I didn't want to deal with. They've both been updated since then, and initial reports on both seem to be good. Really, you won't know which one works better for you until you try each one for a couple of days.

Reactions: taglish123