Do I need to unroot?

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
WIth the possibility of 2.2 coming soon, would i need to unroot my phone to make sure the update works correctly? WOuld updating to 2.2 cause any issues if i upgraded while being rooted on 2.1?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
As long as you didnt remove any preinstalled data you should be fine, but if you debinged or deleted any apk's you either need to reinstall them or go back to stock

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
As long as you didnt remove any preinstalled data you should be fine, but if you debinged or deleted any apk's you either need to reinstall them or go back to stock

I just moved all the files to my sd card, i would guess simply putting them back should solve the problem.

yeah, i know about the possibilities of it not being true, but it doesn't hurt to hope.

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I predict we have froyo thru leaks before it even gets an OTA update.

Even if I'm wrong our community dev's will have something out super quick when it is available OTA.

I would stop worrying about it

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
As long as you move those apks back you should be fine. But if the update does come through, you won't be rooted anymore

So after this Maintenance update, my root access will be gone? Any chance of an opportunity to re-root? Sorry if these questions seem newbish, just need some words of comfort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty