DL09 keeps failing OTA

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
If you moves anything from the system app folder or renamed anything you need to move it back or rename it to what it originally was

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I think I ever did was the gps fix. Moved the apk back and it still fails. Beginning to think a wipe is my only bet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I moved it all back and now I am getting a Failure also. Anyone know how to fix this?

Am I going to have to flash Odin, to get back to stock? Does the CWM have anything to do with it?

EDIT: Had to go back to stock anyway. Was trying to avoid reinstalling everything, but oh well.

Last edited:

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Disregard, I just installed DL09 through the sticky. But now I cannot get CWM to do a backup of my current ROM, it gives me a signature fail. sigh.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I re rooted after installing DL09 through Odin. My understanding is before flashing anything I should back up my current ROM.. which consists of stock. Is this necessary? because if it is, its failing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind losing your current state you can skip it. .although its recommended,it isn't critical....try clearing cache
I re rooted after installing DL09 through Odin. My understanding is before flashing anything I should back up my current ROM.. which consists of stock. Is this necessary? because if it is, its failing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What GPS fix? If you have clockwork recovery installed, you cannot under any circumstance get the OTA to load.

Trying to update my wife's mostly stock Fascinate... Rooted, but moved all bloat back, and flashed stock recovery to wipe CWM, but it is still failing. Thoughts?

Edit: Discovered you have to also flash the stock kernel as well. Things seem to be updating now.

Last edited:

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
During the process of installing DL09 and rerooting, I forgot the tiny part about flashing CWM through Odin. Which would explain why I kept getting signature verification errors when trying to do a backup or an install. I need to read more thoroughly ^.^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez