[How To][Links] ROMs/Themes and Kernels ~# Updated 3/20/11 #~

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So this may have been covered, but I haven't seen, can any kearnel compatible with the current DJ05 or DL09 baseband be flashed with DL30, or does it have to be a DL30 specific kearnel? I'd like a kearnel that's easy on my battery.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So this may have been covered, but I haven't seen, can any kearnel compatible with the current DJ05 or DL09 baseband be flashed with DL30, or does it have to be a DL30 specific kearnel? I'd like a kearnel that's easy on my battery.

The kernel that is included with the DL30 ROM is the only kernel that works. Flashing another kernel will cause problems.

Currently this is listed on post one of this thread.

Reactions: mickey420

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Im in need of some serious help. I downloaded CWM red, and everything seemed to be going fine. I found the blackhole ROM when i went under sd/ and i went through all the other files until blackhole came up right where you said it would. I hit install and toggled down to yes, it then said it was installing and then it said install complete at the bottom, however the red CWM menu was still at the top. The only way i could find to get out of it was to click sd card update.zip, which i did, then it went and gave me the option to reboot which i did. Now when my phone turns on, the unlock screen works but when i unlock there is only a black screen, the notification menu is at the top which shows my 3g and the time and all of that, however my sd card does not get scanned. I can press the power button which gives me a bunch of options including download, reboot, recovery, power off etc...however i cannot do anything else on this black screen. What should i do????

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im in need of some serious help. I downloaded CWM red, and everything seemed to be going fine. I found the blackhole ROM when i went under sd/ and i went through all the other files until blackhole came up right where you said it would. I hit install and toggled down to yes, it then said it was installing and then it said install complete at the bottom, however the red CWM menu was still at the top. The only way i could find to get out of it was to click sd card update.zip, which i did, then it went and gave me the option to reboot which i did. Now when my phone turns on, the unlock screen works but when i unlock there is only a black screen, the notification menu is at the top which shows my 3g and the time and all of that, however my sd card does not get scanned. I can press the power button which gives me a bunch of options including download, reboot, recovery, power off etc...however i cannot do anything else on this black screen. What should i do????
After you install the blackhole or any other rom or theme, you will see the notification letting you know installation was complete and you will see the red cwm at the top of the screeen. From that point hit the menu capacitive button (lower left of your phone.) That will take you back to the main cwm screen and reboot phone should be highlighted. Just hit the power button and your phone should reboot with whatever you just installed. When you click on sd card update.zip I believe you are starting the flashing process all over and have basically not istalled anything. Also make sure you have cleared cache and data before you flash a new ROM.

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i wiped all data and cache in recovery, then went in and followed all the same instructions, did what you said to do, and rebooted. Same thing has happened, black screen with notification bar on top.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i wiped all data and cache in recovery, then went in and followed all the same instructions, did what you said to do, and rebooted. Same thing has happened, black screen with notification bar on top.
Quick question. After you hit apply sd card:update.zip do you see this below the red script on the first red cwm screen you come to?

E: missing bitmap progress_empty (code -1)
E: missing bitmap progress_fill (code -1)

If not, you are still using the old voodoo red cwm recovery. I don't think the new red cwm recovery is available from rom manager. Download the new red cwm that JaeKar99 provided the link for directly to your sd card. Download the blackhole rom from the first post of this thread directly to your sd card. Go into recovery by long pressing your power button if you have that option in the menue that comes up, or by powering down your phone then holding the volume up + volume down + power buttons until you see samsung flash for a second time on your screen then let go of all buttons. Scroll to apply sdcard:update.zip., and hit the home button. Scroll to apply zip from sd card and hit the power button. Find the new_cwm.zip, highlight it and hit the power button. This will give you the new red cwm. I would not go into recovery from rom manager. From reading other posts it seems the best way is to go from the power button menu if you have that option, or the volume up/volume down/power button method.

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It has those first two things and the another one

CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1x
No files found
No files found

Does that mean i am running the old voodoo red cwm? Because i thought i installed the new one on my sd card that JaeKar99 provided. And how do i download the black hole rom directly to my sd card? Sorry for all the questions i am just really new at all of this.

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I first used the CWM_froyo-odin to get the new cwm...maybe that was the problem, however odin is the only way i know how to flash. is there another way to flash so i can flash cwm_froyo.zip?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
It has those first two things and the another one

CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1x
No files found
No files found

Does that mean i am running the old voodoo red cwm? Because i thought i installed the new one on my sd card that JaeKar99 provided. And how do i download the black hole rom directly to my sd card? Sorry for all the questions i am just really new at all of this.

Those are just error codes for missing voodoo options... not installed in the CWM. They are fine..

You are running the new cwm.

You should definitely restart the process for Blackhole (if you want that rom). It is a piece together ROM, tailored together and each piece is downloaded. I could not tell you what you have or what you need to get everything you want..

I have not seen good success trying to pull all the pieces from the sd card..

If you choose to retry the Blackhole rom.. start from the beginning. In ROM Manager. If you don't want to go through that process superclean and RubicS are very good roms and have used them both.

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok yeah i think i dove into blackhole without thinking about it. Here's the problem, i know i saved my original rom somewhere on my sd card, i just dont know where. So like i said before, im stuck on this black screen with the notification bar at the top. What should i do? Should i flash back to dl30 leak? or what, to get back to normal so i can go from there?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok yeah i think i dove into blackhole without thinking about it. Here's the problem, i know i saved my original rom somewhere on my sd card, i just dont know where. So like i said before, im stuck on this black screen with the notification bar at the top. What should i do? Should i flash back to dl30 leak? or what, to get back to normal so i can go from there?

I will do my best to help you get a recovery..

Two options.. Power down or use your power menu to boot into recovery.
If you do power down when you turn the power back up when you do - hold the power+vol up and vol down keys at the same time.

As soon as you see the SAMSUNG logo let go of the power button - you will boot into blue recovery - navigate (using the volume keys) to apply sdcard:update.zip and press the power button to select this option. If you get lost use the menu soft key to get to main menus.

That will take you into cwm recovery - you will need to use the volume keys to navigate to 'backup and restore' hit power to select

You will get an option for backup or restore - select restore with power button.

You will get to a menu listing your backups by date and time.. pick the most recent then press power to select...

That should recover your most recent rom..

Good luck.

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
it said couldnt open directory...no files found...am i completely out of luck now?

Did you keep the DL30 leak or superclean 1.0 on your sd card?

If you did not save it on the card... copy that to your sd card and reflash what you started with... You should remember to clear the cache and factory/wipe the phone... then install the rom. That will start you over from the beginning.

It is time consuming more than anything. I have been down this road 5x.. to many experiments gone wrong..

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i kept the dl30 leak on the card, thankfully. so when i go to install dl30 again, it says file installed and the red cwm menu options are still at the top. i go back one screen and it was still the red cwm menu and pressed reboot. now my phone is off but the menu lights at the bottom are one...should i take out the battery and power it on? or will that mess up the reboot

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Wait a few more minutes... My guess is you need to press the soft menu button and you will get the menus back.. if not pull the battery and put it back and go with a power up.

Be patient it has to rebuild the dalvik cache and it takes a minute or two to reboot.

Reactions: whussain0

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
SUCESS!!!! ahhhh i cant thank you enough...you guys really are the best on here you have no idea.!! i was really starting to get scared and i truly appreciate you hanging in there with a noobie like me...thank you thank you!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I gave bad info earlier. Forgot that most of the other ROMs can be downloaded directly to sd but blackhole is on rom manager. Just trying to do what this site asks and help out others once I felt more comfortable after being helped by some of the experts on this site. Sounds like Jaekar has you pointed in the right direction.

Reactions: JaeKar99

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
one last question lol....i backed everything up on titanium...how would i go about getting that back? or is it better to just manually go through and download all the apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38