[How To][Links] ROMs/Themes and Kernels ~# Updated 3/20/11 #~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think he, and the other theme developers, are working overtime an a few things are getting missed. Transparent Myst v7 had some issues - hopeful corrected, Touch of Blue - on the 14th, AOSP White is on v8 with continued updates and fixes..

I think these guys are going balls out and trying to keep the fans happy and may miss a few things.

I don't think he is playing head games... I hope.

I was just trying to be funny anyway. Flipping back and forth between so many threads, just rushed to post that.

I'm sure those guys are working like mad dogs.

dshep04#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So I'm a complete noob at this.. I just rooted my fascinate... how do I get one of these roms on my phone? I'm looking to use the super clean.. can someone help.. sorry for my stupidity.. Thanks!

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Midnight theme... so many downloads. are they all different parts or are they different versions. whats the difference, aka AOSP vs lock mods etc

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Midnight theme... so many downloads. are they all different parts or are they different versions. whats the difference, aka AOSP vs lock mods etc

It is like going shopping in huge shopping mall, with people who speak a different language. Until you get a good handle I would recommend that you should check out the developer's OP for details regarding what each offers. I include a link to the OP in the developer name. After spending some time reviewing and shopping you can determine what you like and what you don't.

Take your time and read/understand all instructions fully. It takes some time to learn the vernacular (lingo). Until then it can feel a bit daunting. Take your time. FYI: AOSP

Once you get a handle it is a blast.

GalaxyNole

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting ready to flash my first theme and just to make sure the theme I choose is compatible with my setup. I'm currently running Froyo Debloated/Deodexed/ SC 2.4 and I want to use EB01 Nextang v2.5 Orange Explosion.

fsuagentsmith

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know here if I can flash a blackhole rom while on Voodoo or do I have to disable voodoo first? The first blackhole version running on Froyo (DL30) required us to disable voodoo first. Now it doesn't say this. Any ideas?

I'm running the EB01 voodoo kernel and the superclean 2.4 rom.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
JaeKar,
loaded up blackish storm last night with sc 2.4 and phone got stuck at boot animation in a force close loop. I posted the same info in the OP at xda. FYI

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
JaeKar,
loaded up blackish storm last night with sc 2.4 and phone got stuck at boot animation in a force close loop. I posted the same info in the OP at xda. FYI

I dl'd this morning and flashed with no ill effects thus far.. I did remove the clock.

I just got caught up on the dialog. I have not encountered a problem. I didn't clean my cache and did not wipe my data. I wonder if it is another option or app that has been installed.

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know here if I can flash a blackhole rom while on Voodoo or do I have to disable voodoo first? The first blackhole version running on Froyo (DL30) required us to disable voodoo first. Now it doesn't say this. Any ideas?

I'm running the EB01 voodoo kernel and the superclean 2.4 rom.

As I understand it you must disable voodoo lagfix before flashing Blackhole 4.2...

See -> link

Good luck - I would strongly suggest you read as many posts as you can in the attached link. There have been issues with Blackhole 4.x not completely downloading to the phone and then stuck in a boot loop when restarting.

There are ways to seed the download to help with the process.

NoHolidaysForAHooker

Jan 12, 2011
noholidaysforahooker.tumblr.com
EB01 / stock deodexed / ASOP lock / long press search using Google Voice search - dhoard - Download || - Please see link in developer name or instructions for install.

the linked post confused me so i want to clarify, what does this flash? it first looks like it's just a fix for google voice search when long pressing but then then it mentions the aosp lock, power options and battery mod.

i'm on stock, deodexed EB01. i've already done the accurate battery mod and i'm only looking for the power options and fixing voice search from long pressing.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
the linked post confused me so i need to clarify, what does this flash? is just a fix for google voice search when long pressing or does it include the aosp lock too?

This download would include the debloated/deodexed version of EB01, with the AOSP lock screen (slider lock screen, not the glass or puzzle lock screen), and the fix for bringing up google voice search with long press of the search soft key. Looks like JaeKar99 recommends reading the developers original post before downloading this. Just click on the dev's name to go to the OP to read whatever cautions may be there.

NoHolidaysForAHooker

Jan 12, 2011
This download would include the debloated/deodexed version of EB01, with the AOSP lock screen (slider lock screen, not the glass or puzzle lock screen), and the fix for bringing up google voice search with long press of the search soft key. Looks like JaeKar99 recommends reading the developers original post before downloading this. Just click on the dev's name to go to the OP to read whatever cautions may be there.

thanks. yeah, the XDA post is worded kinda weird but i think i got it now. also, it's only 9.3 mb so i think it's just the fixes you mentioned and not the whole ROM

Reactions: Landshark

NoHolidaysForAHooker

Jan 12, 2011
It is only the fixes that are mentioned.... I pulled the "Stock deodexed" part of the title. Hope that helps to clear things up.

Sometimes there are some flashy advertising that I copy over.. sorry guys.

it wasn't even your post, i was just confused by the original xda one but thanks either way

edit: is there a mod for just the voice search long press fix? the power menu fix was freezing and soft-bricking my phone

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Changing themes

Had a question about getting rid of a theme in another thread. Got the answer by booting to recovery from a setup of superclean 2.4, touch of blue theme, nuance zip, and no battery pop up zip. Flashed sc 2.4, rebooted phone and theme was gone. So now I'm totally confused about switching themes. I thought I could just flash a different theme and I was good to go. Now it seems like perhaps I have to flash the theme and whatever else I wanted to carry over from my previous setup. So my setup before was sc 2.4, touch of blue theme, nuance.zip, and no battery pop up zip. So I do a nandroid backup of that setup, but now I want to have that same setup with two other themes. Does this mean I have to boot to recovery, flash 2.4, new theme, nuance, and no battery pop up? Because by flashing just the rom and the theme not carrying over, it's logical to think nuance and no batt pop up didn't carry over either. Anyone know for sure on this?

EDIT - Disregard. Did some playing around and confirmed as long as you don't flash a different ROM, everything else you flashed carried over. So if you want the same setup on different themes you just have to flash a different theme. All other add ons and mods remain after flashing a new theme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.