[Q] Rooted, ROMed, now new theme?

toddw

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my fascinate, installed Super Clean v0.9 and the StupidFast v1.54 kernel. Now how do I go about installing a new theme? When I try to download themes from ROM Manager I get "error occurred while processing this ROM". What am I doing wrong? I see these screenshots on the forums of the awsome themes but I don't know how to get them. I've tried reinstalling ROM Manager but no luck. Thanks in advance.
BTW, my phone is running great with this set-up. Fast. 14-hour battery. No lag.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
first you need to flash cwm revovery which you can find in the threads. then you need to download the theme you want and put it on ur sd card. then reboot into recovery and hit update.zip then install zip from sd card then find the theme you want to install and install it. but froyo just got leaked give it a try as well if you want

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted my fascinate, installed Super Clean v0.9 and the StupidFast v1.54 kernel. Now how do I go about installing a new theme? When I try to download themes from ROM Manager I get "error occurred while processing this ROM". What am I doing wrong? I see these screenshots on the forums of the awsome themes but I don't know how to get them. I've tried reinstalling ROM Manager but no luck. Thanks in advance.
BTW, my phone is running great with this set-up. Fast. 14-hour battery. No lag.
check out this thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...emes-kernels-list-links-updated-2-5-11-a.html

This has all of the current themes for DL30 listed as well as screen shot previews of each. Pick which ones you like, download them to your sd card, then follow afbar's instructions.

EDIT:
Also I don't think any of the themes in ROM Manager are DL30 themes

Last edited:

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
check out this thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...emes-kernels-list-links-updated-2-5-11-a.html

This has all of the current themes for DL30 listed as well as screen shot previews of each. Pick which ones you like, download them to your sd card, then follow afbar's instructions.

i have found that themes are not running well on dl30 perhaps do to the battery fix in most of them. i had to reflash my phone because i lost 30% battery in an hour after i woke up

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i have found that themes are really running well on dl30 perhaps do to the battery fix in most of them. i had to reflash my phone because i lost 30% battery in an hour after i woke up
Battery down 30% in an hour after you woke up? Was this with or without a theme? I haven't had a chance to really compare my battery drain because I've caught the gunnermike53 bug and I'm downloading and flashing like crazy. So of course my battery consumption is going to be much faster now. Will have to see what happens once I get back to normal phone usage.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Battery down 30% in an hour after you woke up? Was this with or without a theme? I haven't had a chance to really compare my battery drain because I've caught the gunnermike53 bug and I'm downloading and flashing like crazy. So of course my battery consumption is going to be much faster now. Will have to see what happens once I get back to normal phone usage.

that was with a theme if your running DL30 dont run a theme right now