[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did have voodoo previously. I disabled it, rebooted to change the files then flashed a non voodoo kernel. Wiped several times then did the D101 complete odin package then your complete odin package. I figured I should be pretty well wiped at this point. Yes to titanium, I think auto restore was on (default?) it did automatically back up some of my aps.

The strange thing is that the screen always seems to work fine at first so I always think I have it. Then later it happens. I first noticed it the next morning trying to silence my alarm (sorry wife!)

I am very willing to try again! its fun ;-)

yeah try to wipe with DI01,,,,,when you flash eb01, make sure you shut off auto restore before you sign into the market.....dont restore your titanium for awhile see if you are having these problems,,,,,and if you do restore titnium make sure you only use missing apps + data

Reactions: dw77x

boredomb2000

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone I am new to this form and doing anything w/ smartphones. LoL I just got a samsung Fascinate 3 days ago am trying to learn everything I can about it. I have a freind I work w/ that has the same phone and can't wait to get his hands on Froyo. I would love to be able to go to work tomorrow and have it on my phone! Only one problem have NO clue how to do it? Can anyone help me with it?

Les3631

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I installed Super Clean version 2.1 - EB01 Froyo leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod the other day. I am just now starting to look at themes, boot animations, etc and I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a [How To] do this (and/or a how to use clockworkmod and WHEN to use it)... I'm confused if I need to use Odin again to flash a theme, boot animation, battery framework, etc... or if i can long press my power button and select "recovery". I'm assuming if i do that i would have to have whatever file on my SD card already.

Thanks in advance for the help!

:):cool::)

Bako

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I had no problem installing this ROM (I went with the 'debloated' but not the 'super-clean'), and I love it! Wonderful job.

My only issue is with Voice Actions (using the Voice Search for 2.2). It does not recognize or seemingly have access to any of my contact information. So when I say "Text Frank Smith" I just get an open text form, but no name (either correct or incorrect). It just isn't connecting to my contacts at all. I've tried exporting/re-importing my contacts, making sure sync is on with both google and facebook, but no luck.

Anyone else having Voice Search / Voice Actions problems with this ROM, and if so, did you manage to resolve them? I tries searching for people discussing this issue but couldn't find anything.

Thanks much,

Bako

jazzwig

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the superclean and everything went smoothly! I've got my contacts back and am installing Titanium Backup Pro as we speak! The only thing I've run into is that the Back button doesn't take me out of my Contact screen, only the home button will. It's a small thing but if anyone knows a fix that'd be awesome! Thanks again to DroidXcon and the ac forums!

For me, LauncherPro was the culprit. Just like yours, the back button doesn't exit 'contacts'.

I simply changed back to the included launcher, and it was fixed. It is also fixed when i use ADW launcher.

HTH

Moonchyld1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
mac instructions?

so i tried searching the thread, but it keeps telling me that "mac" is too short to use as search keyword... is there a way to load the update from my powerbook, or am i just out of luck?

dejahu

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
so i havent seen anything about this kernel. is this a non-voodoo kernel? also I heard that there isn't a kernel out yet that supports boot-animations. does this one do that?

jabibister

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am a newbie, im in odin right now and i pressed the start button twice because i didn't see any indication that anything started - did i do something wrong? - im still waiting it's been about 2 minutes

jabibister

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am a newbie, im in odin right now and i pressed the start button twice because i didn't see any indication that anything started - did i do something wrong? - im still waiting it's been about 2 minutes

ok i realize now that odin is not making a connection with my phone - im not getting the "ID:COM" section to see my connection

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
No worries, we've all been there. When you first get into recovery (cwm) it should be blue unless something has changed with these new packages. Hit the volume down button once to highlight apply sdcard:update.zip and hit the home key (looks like a house), this will take you into red cwm where you will do any flashing (installing) of future ROMs, themes, etc. you download to your sd card. On the first red page, the second to last option is advanced. You could hit the volume down key to get to the bottom, but it's quicker to hit the volume up button twice. Advanced should be highlighted, but don't hit the home key, in red cwm you use the power button to make choices. Inside advanced I believe the third or fourth option down is wipe battery stats. highlight that and hit the power button. you will come to a screen where it will ask you if you are sure you want to do this, there is only one yes option-all the others are no. highlight yes and hit the power button. I don't think you get a notification letting you know it was finished. Hit the menu key (lower left of your phone) to get back to the main red cwm page. The fist option highlighted on that page should be reboot system now. Hit the power button and wait for your phone to reboot.

Finally got around to trying this. Problem when I hit the home key on "apply sdcard:update.zip" I don't get the red cwm, all I get is a white triangle with an exclamation point inside and the droid. Rebooted and tried a few times. Any suggestions?

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
ok i realize now that odin is not making a connection with my phone - im not getting the "ID:COM" section to see my connection

Do you have the samsung drivers installed on your pc? If not you need to install it first.

You can choose the driver you need here in post 2

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/59564-guide-tools-trade-troubleshooting-returning-stock.html

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jabibister

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
thanks DroidXcon for the hardwork you have done and how easy you have made it for a noob to upgrade to 2.2 . is their an easy way to go back to 2.1 with odin just incase you would want the OTA from Verizon just curious

Sorry just saw the answer in another post.

Last edited:

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
this thread is really long so I'm just going to ask and hopefully it's not a big deal if it's been mentioned....does anyone have a problem with the long press not working for the search button after installing froyo/deleting bing? I used to use it for Vlingo and it would allow me to give voice commands much more easily

I'm having the same problem: no long press search button voice search. Also, when I type into the address/search bar in the browser I get Bing results, and I thought Bing had been done away with. I'm using the debloated version btw. Other than that, everythin has gone extremely smooth. Loving me some froyo! Thanks so much to DroidXcon!

*Update: I just found the de-binged browser in JaeKar99's thread. Am I supposed to just delete the existing browser.apk and replace it with the one in the zip file?

Last edited:

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Flashed flawlessly. Google maps started to download automatically, and when I went into the camera, it stated that the fw was not updated, so I updated it and then it wanted to reboot so I rebooted the phone.

Questions:

When I'm in the Wireless and Network settings, is the 3G Mobile Hotspot Verizon's? I don't want to pay for the service if I use it. If so, which hotspot do you suggest?

If I have to do a wipe to the phone, and it comes up with press Send to activate your phone, does Verizon keep track of user+OS changes like this? If so, is there a way to always get around their having to activate the phone. I didn't have to do it when I flashed it, but believe that I'll have to if I data reset it later if I don't like what I put on the phone.

SuD

slee823

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to upgrade to Froyo but I get "unknown file" icon when I try to download EB01DB_DXC.tar (I'm using XP) what program am I missing to use this file correctly?
icon_unknownassociation.gif

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm out so I can't answer every ones concerns but real quick. Download 7zip
I'm trying to upgrade to Froyo but I get "unknown file" icon when I try to download EB01DB_DXC.tar (I'm using XP) what program am I missing to use this file correctly?
icon_unknownassociation.gif

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: slee823

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone I am new to this form and doing anything w/ smartphones. LoL I just got a samsung Fascinate 3 days ago am trying to learn everything I can about it. I have a freind I work w/ that has the same phone and can't wait to get his hands on Froyo. I would love to be able to go to work tomorrow and have it on my phone! Only one problem have NO clue how to do it? Can anyone help me with it?

You're going to need to start with some reading if you haven't done anything like this before. I'm sure there are many people new to this forum who are just going to DroidXcon's ODIN packages, and that's great that he made it that easy for anyone to have a rooted, clean Froyo working on their phones. I just started rooting a month ago and part of the real joy of rooting has been learning whatever I can about it. I figure what's the point of doing something to your phone if you don't have at least a basic understanding of what is happening. With that said I would start here:
http://www.androidcentral.com/dictionary

Then read this:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...659-guide-all-about-rooting-faqs-how-tos.html

Then check out this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/59618-faq-froyo-build-eb01.html

Then I would also go to Android Forums, scroll down to other forums, click on android central meta>android central forum FAQ's>General forum usage and do some reading there so you can get the most out of the forums.

These forums are awesome. I can't thank the people who have helped me here enough. Everyone here is awesome, tries to help each other out as much as possible. The sharing of information, ideas, and suggestions here is amazing. All the information you need is here, you just have to look for it. That's why I suggest reading the forum usage guide. After you have done your reading you can check out the three threads linked below to decide which method you think will be best for you. Or if you just want to get Froyo on your phone and not think about it you can skip past the reading and check out one of these threads. The people here at android central have put in a ton of work to make everyone's android experience as enjoyable as possible:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-12-a.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-dl09-super-clean-0-4-eb01-2-2-updated.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ks-roms-themes-kernels-updated-2-13-11-a.html

Reactions: boredomb2000