Love love love Froyo, one question tho

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I installed Froyo SC 2.4 on my Fascinate using DroidXcon's Odin package. Installed flawlessly. Froyo is amazing in so many ways. Incredibly fast!!! Thanks again DroidXcon and Adrynalyne!

I just have one question, and I tried searching for this and came up blank. Is there a way change the duration of how long the soft keys a lit for? They are blinding at night. I'd even be willing to disable them altogether. The settings for these have got to be stored somewhere... Its only a matter of finding it. Thanks again!

Reactions: DroidXcon

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Don't think anyone has found a way to modify them yet. It's funny that it started with them not staying on long enough and now they're on too long. Gotta love Samsung programming.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I installed Froyo SC 2.4 on my Fascinate using DroidXcon's Odin package. Installed flawlessly. Froyo is amazing in so many ways. Incredibly fast!!! Thanks again DroidXcon and Adrynalyne!

I just have one question, and I tried searching for this and came up blank. Is there a way change the duration of how long the soft keys a lit for? They are blinding at night. I'd even be willing to disable them altogether. The settings for these have got to be stored somewhere... Its only a matter of finding it. Thanks again!

In EB01 the duration the soft keys stay lit is tied to the screen timeout. Hit the menu key and go settings=>display settings=>screen timeout and choose what you want 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 10 minutes

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
In EB01 the duration the soft keys stay lit is tied to the screen timeout. Hit the menu key and go settings=>display settings=>screen timeout and choose what you want 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 10 minutes

That kind of defeats the purpose when I am using my phone at night...

Guess I'll have to be patient for the kernel to be released. Thanks.

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
You can try this, which I think is a bug. (running EB01, SC 2.4)

1. Hit the pwr button to bring up the lock screen.
2. Unlock the phone
3. Hit the home button (does not matter if your are already on the home screen) don't skip this step.
4. Wait for the screen time out period to begin (your phone screen will dim)
5. While in the very few seconds of dim, tap anywhere on an open area of the screen.

The buttons will go out, well at least until you have to use them again. Good if your are reading a long article and very interesting behavior.

CC

Reactions: Braydon525

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
That worked perfectly!

I also found out by luck that you can change the brightness of the screen using the power control widget, and once you get to the auto setting, the soft keys go out (at least on mine). Of course this only lasts till you use the keys again..