[warning] Don't rush for new kernels

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Figured I would throw it out there since we have numerous new rooters here.

Unless you are confident you can recover don't flash new kernels without reading post about them. There are so many things that can go wrong it's not even funny. Wait a little while for some of the kernels to get ironed out. JT's kernel seems to be the most stable currently.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thankfully i did not dive in on those other modded kernels soon after. I was a lil hesitant at first when JT's came out but I flashed away knowing Adrynalyne's kernel used it as a base.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Unless you are confident you can recover don't flash new kernels without reading post about them. There are so many things that can go wrong it's not even funny. Wait a little while for some of the kernels to get ironed out. JT's kernel seems to be the most stable currently.

Could not agree more. Thanks Sheepdog Elite.

There are updates to imnuts (voodoo and non-voodoo) kernels this morning - flash cautiously. Root remains intact, but boot sound is no longer there and reports are trickling in that the phone may not sleep when it is idle.

Sheepdog is running JT's kernel, (& Landshark is also) and I have been running times_infinity's (ComaVolt) non-voodoo. - no issues to report.. appears stable.

There will be more additions/updates to the available kernels. Please do research on the kernel by reading posts and be cautious before jumping in.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

++++++++++++1111111111111111111111111

Agree completely! I have only tried Adry's Kernel_Update and JT's 0327-2. From all I have read, they seem to be the most stable as of right now.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I can say that times_infinity's ComaVolt voodoo is running stable for me so far. I also ran JT's for a while at it worked fine.

You can loose audio recording if you use voodoo sound though. So make sure to go into Voodoo Control and set "Recording Preset" to "Original". Until it gets ironed out. I missed out on a cool video at a concert because I didn't know about this bug until after.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Could not agree more. Thanks Sheepdog Elite.

There are updates to imnuts (voodoo and non-voodoo) kernels this morning - flash cautiously. Root remains intact, but boot sound is no longer there and reports are trickling in that the phone may not sleep when it is idle.

Sheepdog is running JT's kernel, (& Landshark is also) and I have been running times_infinity's (ComaVolt) non-voodoo. - no issues to report.. appears stable.

There will be more additions/updates to the available kernels. Please do research on the kernel by reading posts and be cautious before jumping in.

I'm running Adry's voodoo Kernel as well, and everything is working perfectly, no issues so far

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I didn't update, I'm running adrynalyne's kernel. I wanted to try the further undervolted one. It loses battery life quickly right off charge, but then levels off. No problems to report with it. I will try times_infinity's comavolt next.

vjoaquin

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Says the guy who's married so he doesn't spend as much time unbricking peoples phones. Lol. Welcome kiddies, to the gunner mike "hold my beer and watch this!" school of flashing.
The line: "I saw this in a cartoon once, hang on!" is usually preceded by alcohol consumption as well. Coincidence? Methinks not. :p

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also recommend never doing nandroids too. They take too long.

I use titanium backup exclusively. Lets me slip all of my stuff back into whatever rom I decide to build. I've had roms go bad that made me decide to just flash something totally new :D It's fun, if you're sure you can get everything back up and running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty