Twlauncher - Stay in Memory App?

jfon0604

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! New to the forum, great stuff in here. I don't think this has been discussed, i did try a quick search. Ive had my Fascinate since August of last year. Updated to gingerbread in December. Phone is pretty much stock, not rooted. I love the phone, my only gripe, like many others, is the re-draw when you exit a large program (photo gallery and browser mainly). However, I don't get it very often and when it does happen, everything comes back in 2 secs. No matter if I hit the home button or completely back out of them. Really not a big deal, but still kind of annoying.

Are there any apps that can keep the Twlauncher process in a "no touch" folder or something? I have tried auto memory manager, but even putting twlauncher in the white list and if the processes haven't been killed and my ram is maxed out, I still get a redraw issue. If I run that program so it clears every 5 mins i prob wont get that problem, but I wonder how it would effect battery life etc.

Is this something you need to do with root access? I'm just very hesitant about rooting the phone. Thanks in advance!

Joey :)

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Since our phones only have 380MB of RAM you want it to do what you described. If TWlauncher was kept in RAM and never made room for apps, your foreground apps would force close.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the same thing on stock GB. I am now on a very stable build of ICS for the fascinate, and it rarely, rarely happens. I would recommend checking out some of the ICS builds out there.

Ataraxia212

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Before I started using a custom launcher I thought that it was a memory issue too, but it's just that the twlauncher is not very good! I love LauncherPro, it's what I'm using right now. You don't need to be rooted. Scrolling is gloriously smooth compared to tw. I remember the redraw issue well and it doesn't happen on my fascinate with lp (I'm running a custom ROM - Superclean3 - your results may vary, but probably not) It includes a lot of neat stuff, like 3 scrollable docks if you'd like something like that. Just make sure you are okay with the permissions it asks for. LauncherPro isn't your only option. Many exist and I've read that lots of other users like GO Launcher EX. Bottom line, try a custom launcher, you'll be glad you did, and if it's not your cup of tea you can always uninstall.