Turn off orientation change sound?

eulipion2

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Fascinate Sunday (my first Android phone), and while I've worked out most of my annoyances, am running stock software/firmware, and in general love the phone, the one thing I can't get around is the annoying sound when I change the screen orientation. The only way I've found to disable it is by disabling all notifications, but I don't want to do that - I just want to kill the orientation sound.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

madmike283

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I found I had this problem after I had rooted the phone. Did not have it before. I played around a little and found out that it seemed to be linked to USB debugging being on. Go to Menu>Settings>Apps>Development and see if USB Debugging is checked. If so, uncheck it and see if that fixes it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It makes that sounds when it's plugged into your computer and you rotate the screen. Is that what you are referring to? I'm not at my computer right now, but I also think the phone is in debugging mode too. I find it annoying also, but I don't think you can turn it off.

madmike283

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It makes that sounds when it's plugged into your computer and you rotate the screen.

Ah, that's what it was. I didn't think about me being plugged in when I noticed it. I just turned debugging ON while not connected to PC and I don't get the noise. So I'm not sure what the OP has going on.