Post Rom Update Call Quality

Gsam

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Greetings all. I've reviewed posts on call quality, but it seems that very differing opinions have been posted. I'm basically trying to decide between the Incredible and fascinate. I briefly had an incredible after it was first released, and returned phone due to poor call quality. Post 2.2 update, it seems that those issues are resolved. Comparing both in the Verizon store, sending AND receiving calls, I've noticed that on the callers end, quality of both phones is fine, with no major diffs. People I've called, however, find the Inc much better: lots of background noise with the Fascinate. I even had the store reps call me using both and found the Inc less noisy. What's been the experience of users here who've had the Fascinate for a while - have you had ongoing complaints from people you call?? Has the ROM update or rooting fixed the background noise issue?? Thanks.

lolreconlol

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Greetings all. I've reviewed posts on call quality, but it seems that very differing opinions have been posted. I'm basically trying to decide between the Incredible and fascinate. I briefly had an incredible after it was first released, and returned phone due to poor call quality. Post 2.2 update, it seems that those issues are resolved. Comparing both in the Verizon store, sending AND receiving calls, I've noticed that on the callers end, quality of both phones is fine, with no major diffs. People I've called, however, find the Inc much better: lots of background noise with the Fascinate. I even had the store reps call me using both and found the Inc less noisy. What's been the experience of users here who've had the Fascinate for a while - have you had ongoing complaints from people you call?? Has the ROM update or rooting fixed the background noise issue?? Thanks.

My Fascinate isn't rooted or anything, but I've never had any complaints about call quality. I had a LOT of call quality trouble on BB, so this is like 100x better.

egg_head

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The quality of each call depends highly on the environment you're in.

There are reports from users in these forums that calls outside can be very poor at times.
Too many background noises and wind being picked up by the mic.
To my knowledge, the phone does not have a noise canceling mic.

From my personal experiences, all my calls have been satisfactory.
The only complaint I have is the excessive sidetone.
I hear too much of myself during calls.
Not a real deal breaker.
I don't talk a whole lot on my phone.

[tapatalk on android]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress