Screen too bright issue solved, sort of.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Found a little app in the market called Privacy Filter which basically allows you to place a solid color (or an image) over your entire screen, and then vary the transparency. By filling the screen with black and dialing it to about 60 to 70% opaque, it very effectively dimms the screen.

Now using the phone in bed at night doesn't illuminate the entire room. Works perfectly, and at less than $2, I'm quite satisfied.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Even on the lowest setting? I've checked messages on mine in the middle of the night and it sure is vivid, but not THAT bright. But, everyone has their preferences...

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, Chris! I might consider messing around with it. Currently for in-bed emails I just hold the phone down by the floor as far from my face as possible. I agree, the brightness really needs a relativity slider to adjust the entire scale to a users preference. The auto-adjust is *always* too bright, and the lowest manual setting is blinding in the dark if I see anything with a white background. So, I leave the phone on lowest brightness at all times except when in direct sunlight, and at night if I wake up to read an email it will still blind me (and probably wake my wife up unless I keep the screen pointed away from the bed).

woodb

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Great tip Chris. I just downloaded the trial version and it seems to work well. I tried using the GPS in my car last night on a very dark road and it was WAY too bright. I think this will solve the problem until they fix this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38