Fascinate vs these new CES Phones

darkhemingway

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I dont have a fascinate yet, but i was weighing it against the droid x then decided to wait and see what phones were announced during CES.
So basically, i am wondering how you think a (rooted) fascinate would hold up against some of these new phones, in particular the thunderbolt?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I dont have a fascinate yet, but i was weighing it against the droid x then decided to wait and see what phones were announced during CES.
So basically, i am wondering how you think a (rooted) fascinate would hold up against some of these new phones, in particular the thunderbolt?

well besides the 4G and the front facing cameras. a rom'd Fascinate, in my experience can keep up with the any phone ive seen, but then again i havnt seen any of these new phones perform.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I think you can wait but then even better phones will be coming out that you could wait for. It's like buying a pc in the nineties, every three months a newer, faster and better one came out. You will be happy with the fascinate but there will always be better phones coming out in a few months.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the hardware buttons on this new phone at all -- I really don't understand Samsungs decision on that. Either way, as far as specs and advantages/disadvantages at this point, I think it's a little too early to say.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Chris Kerrigan - which new one, the 4g samsung lte? if thats the one you mean, i think that phone looks terrible (in its build)

Yep, that's the one I'm referring to. I also think it looks God awful, and I know we're not the only ones who think so. A few people I've spoken to who are at CES were not impressed in the least.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the hardware buttons on this new phone at all -- I really don't understand Samsungs decision on that. Either way, as far as specs and advantages/disadvantages at this point, I think it's a little too early to say.

Buttons dont really bother me, it looks kind of decepticon-ish but whatever i want that larger screen and faster processor, and since im buying it out right im not to worried about being locked up if something better comes along

darkhemingway

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The screen on this 4g sam is going to be crazy, thats true. its shape looks like a black berry tho, and (usually) the galaxy s phones have very nice looks, so i'm dissapointed with that

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
By itself I don't think it's an ugly phone, but I guess in comparison to the other Galaxy S phones is where I think it's pretty ugly. Disappointed would be an understatement.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
By itself I don't think it's an ugly phone, but I guess in comparison to the other Galaxy S phones is where I think it's pretty ugly. Disappointed would be an understatement.

i never thought the otherphones were that good looking, they are slabs, when the screen is on , all eye are on it anyway....

Welcome back btw, happy new year since i didnt get a chance to talk to you

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i never thought the otherphones were that good looking, they are slabs, when the screen is on , all eye are on it anyway....

Welcome back btw, happy new year since i didnt get a chance to talk to you

Thanks! Busy week in Toronto :p

I think the slab design is basically going to be the norm at least for the remainder of 2011, we'll see, though.

darkhemingway

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
this lg revolution is sorta what i was hoping the new samsung would look like (think the slab is slicker than the terminator look of motorolas and the inc)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I hate when they introduce these phones...they don't get in the stores for months down the road. If you gonna introduce something..sell the things right away!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I hate when they introduce these phones...they don't get in the stores for months down the road. If you gonna introduce something..sell the things right away!

The problem is getting a good balance. Not all phones can be 100% ready for launch in time for an event like CES, but at the same time the OEM's and carriers need to introduce them in order to keep consumer interest in what they have to offer in the coming months.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
The LG phones look good. I'm curious how much of a body you'll see with a dual processor. I think I'll wait and see what comes out of CES 2012.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Unless 4G is really important to you none of these new phones blow my hair back except for the Tegra 2 models and we've yet to see how that will turn out (performance boost vs. battery life) I'm going to guess they will be great devices.

I was going to wait for these phones, but from what we've seen so far it looks like Verizon's lineup is pretty underwhelming in comparison (while AT&T just went BIG). There will always be a better and faster phone coming out.

The new stuff worth waiting for: 4G and Dual-core (which apart from gaming I'm not sure that I would want/need unless it increases battery life significantly)