Exchange Calendar Not Showing/Available

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting conflicting reports about this issue, even from Samsung:

I set up my Exchange account information and I have Sync Calendar checked. When I go into the Calendar app and hit Settings > Calendars only my Google calendars and the "My Calendar" show. My corporate (Exchange) calendar is not available as a selection.

I've tried everything from deleting and recreating, had our Exchange admin verify all settings, etc. I'm able to get email from Exchange and it even looks like the calendar syncs when I perform Sync Now in the account settings screen. Even shows date and time of last sync.

Does the Fascinate support Activesync of Exchange calendars? Are other people able to get their Exchange calendars with their Fascinates?

Touchdown does work, but I don't want to use that. I would like it to work natively (if it's supposed to).

BTW - I am on DL09 and rooted. No custom ROM. It didn't when I wasn't rooted with DI01.

Thanks.

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I was afraid people would say that. I was thinking about putting back stock DI09 and getting the DL09 from Verizon and starting fresh again. I put the DL09 on myself from XDA.

Didn't feel like setting up my phone again. :(

revelated

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I appear to have the same issue. No Exchange calendar events are being synchronized to the Fascinate. They worked fine before DL09. This is not a hacked rom or anything, this was the official Verizon download. Already tried removing and re-adding the Exchange account as email wasn't working at first. Now email works but the calendar does not. Very frustrating as I was at the point where I could use my one device to manage everything and now I've missed a critical meeting because of this.

EDIT: ok, so removing and re-adding one more time seems to have fixed it. For some reason the first time I did it, it added the Holiday calendar (a custom one I made) instead of the default calendar where all of my events go. Weird.

Last edited:

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: ok, so removing and re-adding one more time seems to have fixed it. For some reason the first time I did it, it added the Holiday calendar (a custom one I made) instead of the default calendar where all of my events go. Weird.

Glad you were able to get it going. I still can't. I even flashed my phone back to DI01, got the DL09 update directly from Verizon, set my phone back up and tried it again. Still no go. Rooted it and tried again. Deleted the account a couple times over and it still doesn't show. :mad:

revelated

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Glad you were able to get it going. I still can't. I even flashed my phone back to DI01, got the DL09 update directly from Verizon, set my phone back up and tried it again. Still no go. Rooted it and tried again. Deleted the account a couple times over and it still doesn't show. :mad:

Are you syncing your Google Calendar? As in, are you purposely trying to get the Google Calendar events to come through? Have you tried just setting up Exchange with full calendar, no Google AT ALL, to see if it comes through?

If that works then try adding Google WITHOUT the calendar.

If that works then try adding the Google Calendar in.

If that doesn't work then there's your problem and a definite defect.

I am not syncing any other calendar but Exchange, so it's possible that having two separate source calendars is the issue.

pgoforth

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Fixed??

Were any of you ever able to resolve your problem with you Exchange calendar sync? I?m experiencing this issue as well. I have had my fascinate since mid-October 2010 with absolutely ZERO Exchange sync issues. Upgraded to Froyo this past weekend (when Verizon FINALLY released the update). I realized on Tuesday that I was ?missing? some emails on my phone. Deleted my sync & then re-added it. Now my email & contacts are synced fine, but my calendar has completely disappeared. When I got to the Account Sync, the calendar is checked & when I click Sync Now, it LOOKS like it is syncing, but nothing ever shows in the calendar.

I?m considering purchasing Touchdown to take advantage of some of the features it offers, but don?t want to be FORCED to simply to use my phone how it SHOULD work.

twoof1

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Froyo has jacked my Exchange sync as well. It's hanging while it gets stuck in a sync loop and sometimes locking up, mainly with my email. I never had this problem with Eclair in fact I've flashed back to Eclair EA28 for now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress