i have question about EB01

davidk1m

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
after done with rooting to EB01 I have question about the update.zip. On the instruction, it says put it on the sd card, and i never use that zip file. When do i use that???? do i use that with rom manager???

IslandTosh

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Attempt to help

The update.zip fie should be clockwork..useful if you'll want to experiment with any new rom's based on eb01 that may come out. I haven't done anything in rom manager, so I'm not sure if it entirely replicates clockwork's functions.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
dont use rom manager!!! its still broke for froyo. the update.zip is clock work mod. you flash rom's, theme's and mod's with it. you can also backup and restore roms and wipe data and cache.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
As mentioned above, you will use it to get access to CWM red when you power up your phone. This is the procedure you will follow to do so. Look under the section that says "use the following to flash into CWM red"

Here are a few examples of when you might use this:

1) Adrynalyne posted a zip file that fixes incorrect battery readings/fast drains in the EB01 ROM. To apply this fix, you boot into CWM and apply the zip.
2) CWM also allows you to install other zipped ROM's too.

Having to visit every single forum in the forums limits the amount of time I have to keep up on things, but the last I checked ROM Manager is not compatible with the new CWM red, and you do not want to use it to boot into CWM. One of the other guys might correct me on that though.

zombie1991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...Easiest/safest way is to just either "volume button up/down power button" or use your long press of power button menu to go to recovery if your ROM/Kernel support it. Find an alternate download for whatever it is you want to get from Rom Manager. Safest...NOT easiest way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa