pop3 email on fascinate deleting email off phone when synced with outlook

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
im using the mail from my ISP and they don't offer imap yet.

well thats dumb. set your outlook and phone settings to leave message on server. or, make the switch to gmail. pop3 is very limited when multiple devices are viewing the same account. who is your isp?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You just need to tell Outlook not to delete messages from the server. In the full version of Outlook (the one that comes with Office, not express) go to File > Account Settings. Under the Email tab highlight your account and select Change. Select the More Settings button on the lower right. Then under the Advanced tab check Leave a copy of messages on the server. If you wish, you can set for how long. I have mine set for 30 days.

Last edited:

flywithlloyd

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
well thats dumb. set your outlook and phone settings to leave message on server. or, make the switch to gmail. pop3 is very limited when multiple devices are viewing the same account. who is your isp?

No, it's not so dumb - I have the exact same issue.

Mine is even worse, as I have my own domain name and REFUSE to make Google my default email address.

Before I had my Evo, I was able to use Outlook and my Palm Treo with no problems at all. Now, it's not possible. The only thing that changed in my device.

And, I could go down the list of the reasons Gmail sucks . . . but I'll just start at the facts that threaded conversations are horrible, and I need access to my files even if there's no data connection.

So, I feel your pain, mab1376!

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
If the account settings on the phone are set to "leave messages on server" (actual wording may vary) and the messages still get deleted you might try downloading and using K-9 Mail from the Market and use that instead. I hope you get it working!

I also use POP email and have never attempted to set up IMAP on my email server. I've been happy with the POP so never bothered to investigate IMAP.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This thread made me curious about the potential advantages of IMAP. What I read online was that POP was very good if you're only checking email on one computer or device but if you check from multiple devices then IMAP had the advantage of keeping all the messages together. Today I changed my email to IMAP and so far it is kind of nice to have all my messages available on my computer as well as my phone.

I have my own domain for email and IMAP was an option. Anyway, I thought I'd follow up with my two cents.

tungsten

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: pop3 email on fascinate deleting email off phone when synced

Guys

I am using an Android phone. I have the stock email program and I have also K9 and Enhanced Email all running at the same time.

I have an Gmail account but don't use it for email or for nothing really dont trust the cloud/google.

My problem is all the email apps work great BUT when I open outlook then they all get removed form my phone. So basically the only emails I am left with are the send ones(in my phone). This happens with my POP and exchange accounts.

My question:
1) is there a Mail App that will make a copy of the email in my phone so when I open outlook they wont get sync and disappear?

2) Is number 1 is no then is there a easy way to full your phone to keep the emails.

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247