What is the latest stable Froyo build?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright first question is, what is the latest stable froyo build as in superclean and any number of the other builds I keep seeing. Seeing so many is kind of confusing me as to what to pick and what to trust.

Second: Do these builds have to be installed via clockwork or can it be as simple as just flashing through Odin. I have found Odin to be extremely simple to use and am not fond of saving to sdcard and booting up clockwork recovery and so forth. I have done so before but was not happy with the outcome and flashed back to stock via odin.

Third: I understand the importance of factory reseting and wiping data, but am not clear as to if that should be done via the settings menu or in the recovery menu (vol up and down + power button). And does that need to be done when running stock EA28 build if I were to want to just flash to a froyo build?

Fourth: Say I flash to a froyo build, but again am not happy with my choosing am I correct when I think in order to return to full stock (non-froyo) you must flash DL09 through Odin then do the OTA update to EA28 or is there any other methods to doing so?

I have spent plenty of time reviewing a lot of the very informative threads in regards to froyo, rooting and so forth, but do not feel that my questions here were quite answered the way I hoped they'd be. If anyone can simplify what I am asking that would be much appreciated, thank you! (And a very special thanks to all the people that put the informative threads together and the time spent developing the builds!)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Using my thread flash superclean 2.9 and turn your phone on , this will give you froyo and wipe your data ( it needs to wipe data when going from eclair to froyo)

then shut off your phone and flash 2.9.2
you can skip putting update.zip on your sd card, its not necessary since you dont like clockwork
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html

if you want to get back to stock you can flash DI01 and then just update yourself to EA28,,, there is no packages for EA28

Reactions: FearTheGhost13

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, now that is EXACTLY the answer I have been looking for lol! Tried piecing that all together from your threads and others, but couldn't quite get the gist of it haha. Anyway when you say get back to stock flasing DI01 does it have to be DI01 because last time I flashed to DL09 then OTA'd to EA28... is there really a difference between doing it the two separate ways?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, now that is EXACTLY the answer I have been looking for lol! Tried piecing that all together from your threads and others, but couldn't quite get the gist of it haha. Anyway when you say get back to stock flasing DI01 does it have to be DI01 because last time I flashed to DL09 then OTA'd to EA28... is there really a difference between doing it the two separate ways?

Depends on a couple factors.but in this case yes Dl09 will work as well

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there a thread that goes in depth on the features and need-to-knows about the builds? I like to read up on things quite in depth before proceeding. I may have very well just overlooked it, but I have seen and read a lot of your threads and I definetly trust that you are one of the main guys to talk to about these things :)

By the way, what factors are you talking about? And one last quesion, when flashing back to 'stock' DL09 or DI01 and OTAing to EA28 that removes root and refreshes your phone back to the state it was before you ever tinkered with it all? Meaning it's pretty much as if you never rooted or updated to froyo at all.. I guess what I'm getting at is it puts it back to factory issue which would no longer void a warranty?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there a thread that goes in depth on the features and need-to-knows about the builds? I like to read up on things quite in depth before proceeding. I may have very well just overlooked it, but I have seen and read a lot of your threads and I definetly trust that you are one of the main guys to talk to about these things :)

By the way, what factors are you talking about? And one last quesion, when flashing back to 'stock' DL09 or DI01 and OTAing to EA28 that removes root and refreshes your phone back to the state it was before you ever tinkered with it all? Meaning it's pretty much as if you never rooted or updated to froyo at all.. I guess what I'm getting at is it puts it back to factory issue which would no longer void a warranty?

In the roms and hacks section there is a super clean 2.9.2 sticky

Not all odin packages are created equal..full stock packages have more files...DL09 package does not include all the files.

So lets say you flash stock froyo. Then flash Dl09 traces of froyo will remain vzw won't notice but it may prevent the OTA update from happening... But even if you walked in with DI01 it would be fine. They would assume you just never updated

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: FearTheGhost13

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright I believe that sums it all up for me, thank you very much for the information I'll head over and review that section a little more and then give it a try, I'm guessing even if/when they do finally release the official 2.2 update to the fascinate it's going to be better to have one of the builds found here due to better customizability.. I'm no fan of the bloatware anyway so I guess there's no need in waiting anymore lol. Once again thank you very much I appreciate you taking the time to help and I will be sure to pay it forward in helping anyone I can in the future :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so if you have to format your phone to switch to froyo when the update from verizon comes through will it format my phone aswell?

If you are already on one of these custom Froyo ROMs you will most likely not receive the official update as the update system will see you are already on firmware 2.2.1.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are already on one of these custom Froyo ROMs you will most likely not receive the official update as the update system will see you are already on firmware 2.2.1.

im actually not on 2.2 i went back to stock and am dealing with 2.1 until verizon sends it out since ive had revived faith since the code release

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
im actually not on 2.2 i went back to stock and am dealing with 2.1 until verizon sends it out since ive had revived faith since the code release

Oh, ok, sorry. Got confused trying to go back and forth helping different people. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that in the next 24 hours or so you get your OTA.