Case Recommendations?

kruizin

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which is the best case in your opinion?

That's a good point I forgot to add about the Incipio case. Word on the street is that it works fine with the extended battery. I'll be able to test it out on Monday when the extended battery shows up in the mail.
I would love to know the answer to this as well, especially if you're talking about their feather case! :)

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to decide on a case. But had Remora make me a custom clipless concealed holster (it's rectangle)

I wear it above my wallet, like I would a gun, on the inside of my pant waist.

When I'm wearing shorts or pj bottoms around the house, it rocks having an extra pocket. Shout out if you decide to get one. It's probably not for everyone, but I'm used to having a lot on me.

Here's video of a chick who wears it well. Remora No-Clip IWB Holster - review & demo - YouTube

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have always like the 2 piece design of the seidio cases. I like how they cover the whole top bevel while being thin enough to not interfere with the touch screen. Some cases leave too much vulnerable.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Incipio combo case. Its rubber on the phone with a thin plastic shell that covers the corners and the back. Not too bulky.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have always like the 2 piece design of the seidio cases. I like how they cover the whole top bevel while being thin enough to not interfere with the touch screen. Some cases leave too much vulnerable.

Well went with the Seidio Case here (not the link above). Guess I'll be the guinea pig.

Some quick searching helped me find a coupon for 15% off your purchase using the coupon code WINTER11. Note that everything is free shipping, but I had to pay tax due to being in Texas.

Reactions: simsrw73

louwill

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Well went with the Seidio Case here (not the link above). Guess I'll be the guinea pig.

Some quick searching helped me find a coupon for 15% off your purchase using the coupon code WINTER11. Note that everything is free shipping, but I had to pay tax due to being in Texas.

I'm curious if that case fits with the extended battery.

800gotjunk

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the coupon code, mine should be in the mail in the morning.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the coupon code, mine should be in the mail in the morning.

You can thank me, or you click on the thank me button. Just kidding, I didn't realized it existed till someone liked one of my comments and it gave me an alert.

Here's to hoping it fits at least for the most part (I don't care bout the back buldge, if they smoothed it out completely it wouldn't bother me) I only care about the front bezel being completely covered.

tekbud

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Do any of these cases have a rubbery texture that are smaller in footprint? I prefer a rubbery exterior so that my phone doesn't slide around in my car etc.

tlbig10

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Incipio Feather does not fit a GN with an extended battery. The butt of the phone wants to pop out and not to mention, does nothing to improving tactile feel. I think the naked GN is too slippery and the Feather did not reduce this feeling enough.

What are you Extended Battery users using?

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Had the Case-Mate Barely There for my Thunderbolt and got the Barely There for my Galaxy Nexus. It's a great snug case and for those with the extended battery it fits with that too. I eventually want to get a black/gray Pop Case from them too when they release the new moldings for it.

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Are there any cases with kickstands different from the Verizon case? My friend had a body glove case with a kickstand for his iphone4.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a video anywhere of the Verizon shell/holster combo case? I saw the post that had pictures but I would like to see how tight the fit is and how flexible it is. Don't want it scratching up the phone. I'm trying to decide between this or the high gloss silicone cover.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there a video anywhere of the Verizon shell/holster combo case? I saw the post that had pictures but I would like to see how tight the fit is and how flexible it is. Don't want it scratching up the phone. I'm trying to decide between this or the high gloss silicone cover.
It is a very tight fit but no scratches getting it in and out. Not flexible. Fits the extended battery, too. I like the kickstand because it allows me to hold the phone with one hand securely with my ring finger through the kickstand. I wouldn't be able to hold it securely in one hand otherwise.

stereo_system

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am 90% set on returning the Otterbox Defender. It is just way too big and I don't care for the built-in screen protector -- seems like it washes out the phone too much. I ordered this from Amazon.

Link

If it doesn't work out I may try the Incipio Feather as I liked it on my iPhone 4.

I am pro Otterbox, but anti Defender series. If you search the forums here there is a review of the Commuter Series case used in conjunction with one of the Seidio holsters. Apparently it's a great fit, even with the extended battery. I have a commuter case on my ADR6300 now and I couldn't be happier.

Here's the link :

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1507564

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Another in the Otterbox camp. I have it for my Dinc, my fiancee's Curve, and whenever it gets here, my Gnex. Can't go wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty