Restoring app data to new GNEX, root? dropbox? titanium?

discostu9

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got my new gnex up and going. Usually I am a rooter with my android phones, usually as soon as i open it up, however part of what I liked about the gnex was i dont feel like i have to right off the bat, its speedy, and most of the bloat BS isn't there anyway.

However, i used titanium backup on my droid x to back up all my app data, and would like to restore most of this stuff to my new gnex, however it isn't rooted, and I'd like to not root it right now honestly. Is there any simple way to pull this off? The only things I can't figure out myself seems to be game saves, app history, that kind of thing.

PS, this phone is sick, so sick. Biggest complaint: the back plastic cover is so...so...so cheap, and I just hate having to put it back in my pushing those little tabs till they bend and click into place.

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got my new gnex up and going. Usually I am a rooter with my android phones, usually as soon as i open it up, however part of what I liked about the gnex was i dont feel like i have to right off the bat, its speedy, and most of the bloat BS isn't there anyway.

However, i used titanium backup on my droid x to back up all my app data, and would like to restore most of this stuff to my new gnex, however it isn't rooted, and I'd like to not root it right now honestly. Is there any simple way to pull this off? The only things I can't figure out myself seems to be game saves, app history, that kind of thing.

PS, this phone is sick, so sick. Biggest complaint: the back plastic cover is so...so...so cheap, and I just hate having to put it back in my pushing those little tabs till they bend and click into place.

My backup pro doesn't require root. As far as the back panel, get a silicone case or something more industrial. You won't even notice the back panel on a day to day basis.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
discostu9,

unlock your bootloader, root your phone, and load titanium. All your apps will slide right in without a hitch.

Oddly, when I fired up my GNEX, it sucked in a couple apps that were on my DX. I don't know how or why but it happened. It also sucked in a couple apps that required root access. You might experience this.

However, if you rooted your previous Droid, there is no reason why shouldn't do it to your GNEX. You will get all the same functions as a stock phone (updates) until you flash a ROM. Make your life easier and unlock and root.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
My backup pro doesn't require root. As far as the back panel, get a silicone case or something more industrial. You won't even notice the back panel on a day to day basis.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You sure on that? Whenever I use Mybackup pro, it always asks for superuser permission.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
MyBackup Pro needs superuser permission as far as I recall. Titanium Backup always did me fine though. As soon as I log back into Google services it begins sucking back in the apps for me. I've never had to open the app and tell it to.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just remember if you do any app DATA restores from a previous device and end up with FC's or conflicts then that is the first place I would look is whatever applications you restored not only the app (apk) itself but also if you pulled the data back with it.

Usually the first reason we always say its normally okay to restore apps as long as its not system apps, and try to avoid data because that is where the problems begin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87