What's your current Daily Driver?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I read a few complaints about CM9, and how the dev community has dropped the ball on it. I might still check it out, who knows. I know that Simply Stunning by ChevyNo1 was the best ROM I ever ran on my OG Droid, and it was CM based with LOTS of enhancements.

You guys seem to dig AXI0M Crossbreed, so that'll probably be what I check out first. Not a big fan of theming, but I can deal if it's nicely done like you say. Any screenies floating around here?

*customized tapatalk signature*

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I read a few complaints about CM9, and how the dev community has dropped the ball on it. I might still check it out, who knows. I know that Simply Stunning by ChevyNo1 was the best ROM I ever ran on my OG Droid, and it was CM based with LOTS of enhancements.

You guys seem to dig AXI0M Crossbreed, so that'll probably be what I check out first. Not a big fan of theming, but I can deal if it's nicely done like you say. Any screenies floating around here?

No crossbreed.. That's technically dead, lol.. Patient Zero is where it's at.. And yeah here's an idea of the theming involved.. If there's anything else you want to see just let me know :)
a7cef80a-89a8-24d1.jpg
a7cef80a-89b2-3cb4.jpg
a7cef80a-89bc-d199.jpg
a7cef80a-89c5-d504.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oxymoron

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Also note you can change the color of the navigation bar icons.. And the icons themselves... Very easily with aokp's built in controls now.. So if you don't love those don't let it hold you back :)

datdudeike

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using MIUI.us 2.4.6 w/ latest Franco kernel since Sunday. First time using MIUI for more than a few hours before going back to AOKP, but this has been running pretty flawlessly. Good battery life and themes are beautiful.

PS, using "Alt Drawer" and placing all icons into one folder to avoid the iOS look that everybody knocks MIUI for.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
No crossbreed.. That's technically dead, lol.. Patient Zero is where it's at.. And yeah here's an idea of the theming involved.. If there's anything else you want to see just let me know :)

Cool man, thanks for the screens dude. Doesn't look bad at all. What is it about that ROM that you prefer over standard AOKP?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Cool man, thanks for the screens dude. Doesn't look bad at all. What is it about that ROM that you prefer over standard AOKP?

Th3ory does a lot of work on init.d scripts and other system tweaks to improve speed, performance, battery life, etc. Basically it flies :)

A few quick notes to keep in mind for ALL roms to improve your speed:
In settings > developer settings> Set the animation speeds (can't remember exact name, there's 2 of them, you'll see them easy to spot) to .5x instead of the default 1x.

Also if you are using Apex launcher, which I recommend, under both Homescreen settings and Drawer settings there is a Minimum scroll time setting (something like that).. in both cases set the value to 20. You'll notice the speed pickup immediately :)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I set the animations to off before this ROM to help with speed, but to be honest I kind of like the smooth animations. Plus, I think if there are set less than 1, the CRT screen off animation isn't visible.

I know it's kind of cheesy, but I dig it :eek:

I'll definitely jump on Patient Zero for my next ROM though. You and dmmarck have convinced me, lol

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I set the animations to off before this ROM to help with speed, but to be honest I kind of like the smooth animations. Plus, I think if there are set less than 1, the CRT screen off animation isn't visible.

I know it's kind of cheesy, but I dig it :eek:

I'll definitely jump on Patient Zero for my next ROM though. You and dmmarck have convinced me, lol

Ive been drinking the kool aid over here as well. Lol. Looks like i might go with Patient Zero for my first ROM adventure. One thing i am curious about is the get ready package i see on his download post. It says it includes radios and bootloader. I have 4.0.4 radios installed already, do i still need to run this package to get certain scripts? Do i need a new bootloader for this ROM? Its the only thing thats thrown me off so far.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ive been drinking the kool aid over here as well. Lol. Looks like i might go with Patient Zero for my first ROM adventure. One thing i am curious about is the get ready package i see on his download post. It says it includes radios and bootloader. I have 4.0.4 radios installed already, do i still need to run this package to get certain scripts? Do i need a new bootloader for this ROM? Its the only thing thats thrown me off so far.

No you don't have to flash the package if you have the 4.0.4 radios already... The package you flashed most probably included the bootloader as well.. But if you want to check.. Boot into the bootloader (power down, hold vol up and down, then hold power until bootloader screen). Mid-line, Bootloader version should read PRIMELA03.

Its generally a good idea to match up your radios and bootloader (4.0.2 with 4.0.2, .3 with .3, etc). If for some reason you're on an earlier bootloader you can flash that package over what you have now and should be fine (note its usually not the best idea to flash the same radios on top of each other.. I've done it though, just don't make a habit of it, lol)

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like i might have to, Im on PRIMEKK15. Hoping by doing this i won't cause issues, the radios seem to be working fine so far.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Looks like i might have to, Im on PRIMEKK15. Hoping by doing this i won't cause issues, the radios seem to be working fine so far.

Yeah thats the 4.0.2 bootloader you've got... If you are comfortable with using fastboot commands from the bootloader at all (its easy, same as adb basically).... you can take this, its just the 4.0.4 bootloader: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/bootloader-toro-primela03.img

Drop it on your computer in your sdk toolkit tools or any folder you've got with the adb and fastboot files... connect phone in bootloader mode, open a command window in the folder (shift and right click in the folder, Open command window here) then just:

fastboot flash bootloader name-of-bootloader.img

That's the "easy" way....lol. If that's too much then yeah just flash that get ready package in recovery, lol.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thats the 4.0.2 bootloader you've got... If you are comfortable with using fastboot commands from the bootloader at all (its easy, same as adb basically).... you can take this, its just the 4.0.4 bootloader: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/bootloader-toro-primela03.img

Drop it on your computer in your sdk toolkit tools or any folder you've got with the adb and fastboot files... connect phone in bootloader mode, open a command window in the folder (shift and right click in the folder, Open command window here) then just:

fastboot flash bootloader name-of-bootloader.img

That's the "easy" way....lol. If that's too much then yeah just flash that get ready package in recovery, lol.

Done and done, Cheated a little, flashed it with the Galaxy Nexus tool kit. Now on primela03. Thanks alot for that walk through and file, Id rip your thanks button 20 times if i could. Thanks again!

Reactions: dmmarck

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
You know, he could have just flashed the GET READY package too ;).

He mentioned that, But he also mentioned that flashing 4.0.4 radios on top of each other is not always the best idea. I have those radios already. So i went the Bootloader only route. The tool kit made it really easy, I just didnt want to take the chance of messing anything else up. Knowing my luck it would happen. lol

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You know, he could have just flashed the GET READY package too ;).

Haha well you know me... I want everyone to learn the "right" way of doing things :smugface: :p

But also since he's got the 4.0.4 radios already, lot of folks do say its not a good idea to flash radios on top of the same radios... something about the chance of frying them, idk. Better to play it safe if possible :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
He mentioned that, But he also mentioned that flashing 4.0.4 radios on top of each other is not always the best idea. I have those radios already. So i went the Bootloader only route. The tool kit made it really easy, I just didnt want to take the chance of messing anything else up. Knowing my luck it would happen. lol

Eh, I once flashed the get ready package 3 times (with 3 AXI0M releases) just for s's and g's, did no harm. But I could certainly see the caution.

2def is to be trusted. His taste in softkeys and professional baseball teams...not so much

Reactions: 2defmouze

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non