[ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
flashed the new Franco Kernel nightly the other day (#300) battery life has been amazing. I got 3hr 14min screen time and probabaly could have gotten 3hr 30min. Best I have ever gotten by far

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Coming soon......
my8uzese.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the G+ post, Jedi. I completely agree with them. The QS is a cool feature if you're used to stock vanilla Android, but it's not as convenient or visually appealing as AOKP/CM etc notification shade toggles (imo). Pumped to see what they come up with as #4, but of course, love that they're coming up with options. I was on Jakeday's 4.2 Jelly Belly (v10) until this morning when I attempted my normal zipthemer mods (nexus unlock, zenyth keys, glow mod). Also, flashed franco r300 at the same time which is a cool feature of TWRP. Got hung up at "starting apps" after booting up, which is a new one for me. Not sure if it was one of the mods or that it didn't like flashing both zips at once. I decided to make sure my 4.1.2 nanny actually worked since I never restored on TWRP. Have to say I'm not in a huge rush to flash back to 4.2. It's cool, and I didn't really delve into it much, but I love my goodies that aren't available on 4.2 yet.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Decided to try jelly belly also last night for kicks and to see the hubub about 42. Its nice and smooth and all but I need toggles, theme engine, and tweaks and stuff. So I decided to go back and man 42 really borks stuff. Especially if you on cwm. It couldn't read the nandroids. Its the new 6.0.1.5 too. I thought it be safe since it just got updated. I probably need to get back on twrp I guess.
Cwm could not read nandroids and could not mount nothing so I decided to fastboot the jro30 factory image and I lost my sd card altogether. What a pain. Spent many hours getting back, and still not totally back to normal. Lost lotsa stuff on the card.

Moral of the story is do a backup to your comp when doing 42 and probably better to be on twrp rather than cwm.

Edit: wow a really off topic post in the skank thread, sorry

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Decided to try jelly belly also last night for kicks and to see the hubub about 42. Its nice and smooth and all but I need toggles, theme engine, and tweaks and stuff. So I decided to go back and man 42 really borks stuff. Especially if you on cwm. It couldn't read the nandroids. Its the new 6.0.1.5 too. I thought it be safe since it just got updated. I probably need to get back on twrp I guess.
Cwm could not read nandroids and could not mount nothing so I decided to fastboot the jro30 factory image and I lost my sd card altogether. What a pain. Spent many hours getting back, and still not totally back to normal. Lost lotsa stuff on the card.

Moral of the story is do a backup to your comp when doing 42 and probably better to be on twrp rather than cwm.

Edit: wow a really off topic post in the skank thread, sorry

This was me last night!!

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn Davey11, that stinks. I switched to TWRP once I saw it was 4.2 ready and CWM wasn't yet. I had been considering seeing what the hype was about but never really had a reason to ditch CWM touch. Actually, I kind of preferred the nerdy MS DOS looking UI of CWM. I can definitely see a performace boost with TWRP (I've left the md5 generation off from the start), have some cool features not available in CWM, so they get my business (eh...sort of). You're not the first person I've heard about having a lot of hardship (1st world style...) due to CWM. So I'd second your recommendation to backup to pc or really just use TWRP for 4.2 until enough people say the updated CWM is fine. I can verify that you can flash TWRP, delete clockworkmod folder(s), make a new TWRP nanny on 4.1.2, try 4.2 rom(s), and then nanny back to 4.1.2 without issue. Only thing is now I have the "0" folder, too, but pretty sure that's to be expected jumping back and TWRP should remove it (or is it write to it and remove sdcard0) going back to 4.2.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Sooner than we thought???
a8yzaqys.jpg

Or just a tease......

from CM..

"4.2 merger is still a work in progress, but it is going well so far. To give you an idea, the build currently has trebuchet, colored logcat, Terminal, root access, and the enhancements +David van Tonder finished over the weekend; nothing else and far from complete".

DSC08844.jpg

From the looks of things the Nexus 4 will be the first to see CM.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it's a good thing that it's taking time to merge CM10 and 4.2 There are alot of posts talking about app incompatibility. I am not interested in any of my apps not working.

I'm not in a hurry anyway. With the 4.2 gapps I'm not sure I'm gaining much with the actual ROM.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's a good thing that it's taking time to merge CM10 and 4.2 There are alot of posts talking about app incompatibility. I am not interested in any of my apps not working.

I'm not in a hurry anyway. With the 4.2 gapps I'm not sure I'm gaining much with the actual ROM.

I'm with you. I think they are working on maguro, so it will be a bit longer to see it on our phones.

gonzlobo

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I got curious and downloaded a 4.2 kang. Now I have an sdcard/0 directory that dupes my original sdcard. Oh well, I'll look into it tomorrow...

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, I got curious and downloaded a 4.2 kang. Now I have an sdcard/0 directory that dupes my original sdcard. Oh well, I'll look into it tomorrow...

4.2 (specifically tablets) have a multiple user experience now, a lot like windows does, except you don't have to sign out and in. Unfortunately that part of the upgrade carries over to the smartphone where maybe 1% of us will use. Its a drag for us crackflashers not in the understanding of it all. So if you've ventured into uncharted waters (4.2) just remember that you need to be on the latest recovery, TWRP and/or ClockworkMod. And you'll be grabbing/looking for backups/downloads in the 0 folder for now on. You might have to reboot your phone a couple of times after updating your recovery for everything to settle in nicely. I've been through every mess conceivable with 4.2 but I'm back up and running with the little knowledge I've gained this week.(I think I flashed 5 different Roms these last 2 days) Update your Recovery!
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

N2B8U

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Any fix? I was on vicious JellyBean. Just flashed CM10 Euroskank and I still have same problem, of losing all data and voice connectivity until I reboot. I am running baseband EK05/EK02.

Thanks Peeps

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Any fix? I was on vicious JellyBean. Just flashed CM10 Euroskank and I still have same problem, of losing all data and voice connectivity until I reboot. I am running baseband EK05/EK02.

Thanks Peeps
Any fix for what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa