JB Files in 1 place?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok,
so as a noobie ( still considered as I only have been flashing for a few months now) it would be nice if there was a sticky or guide that had all the current links for the as I will call "patch" files that maybe needed with out searching for them.
I give you the following 2 examples:

jb boot loader
the text to speech lib file that seems to be missing

I am sure there are others.

Maybe also include:
link to TWRP or the play store link to goo manger for TWRP.
link to Rom Manger

I am sure there are many others that I can not think of this morning but it just a though.

Xanth

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
These are all things that can be found via a Google search, or frequenting rootz and xda along with these boards. That's how those of us that "know" find this stuff.

No offense intended dude, but dang.

I'm sorry... I'm really tired this morning. Ignore me :eek:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Text to speech file you shouldn't need if you're running a reliable ROM.. in fact any 'patch' files should be a warning sign to switch ROMs, IMHO :)
JB bootloader you only need once.. flash it and forget it, lol
Same with your recoveries.

:)

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Needed to do the file 2 times , 1 with Jake around 3.2 and with aokp p4 I've been dfing aokp now up to p7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Text to speech file you shouldn't need if you're running a reliable ROM.. in fact any 'patch' files should be a warning sign to switch ROMs, IMHO :)
JB bootloader you only need once.. flash it and forget it, lol
Same with your recoveries.

:)

PS wife just got the gnx so guess what I have to do and I have to find the jb boatloader and possible text to speech after i do aokp p7

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So you just want me to put the JB boatloader in the Jelly Bean sticky?

And AOKP is at Build 1, BTW. :)

I think having the JB boot loader in the sticky will give the file a home for the other noobies joining in the fun of flashing and are told to install it, at least there's a "solid" place than users can find it.

as for AOKP, no more previews ! yeah! :)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think having the JB boot loader in the sticky will give the file a home for the other noobies joining in the fun of flashing and are told to install it, at least there's a "solid" place than users can find it.

as for AOKP, no more previews ! yeah! :)

Don't be so harsh on the previews.
It turns out that P7 is better than the 8/1 nightly for toro. :p

Sure wish someone could have uploaded a "good" file.
I may have to go back to Euroskank if I don't start getting a more dependable fix from AOKP.

I even wiped for AOKP P7!! I feel like the guy who changes lanes only to get stuck in more traffic than the lane he just left and everyone he just passed is passing him by. ;)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I may have to go back to Euroskank if I don't start getting a more dependable fix from AOKP.

I even wiped for AOKP P7!! I feel like the guy who changes lanes only to get stuck in more traffic than the lane he just left and everyone he just passed is passing him by. ;)

Try the 7/29 "Build 1"--much better. The 8/1 build is borked.

Also, the Jelly Bean Now OP has been updated with the JB bootloader.

Reactions: Xanth269

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Jumped the gun, guess I am glad I held off, still rocking AOKP p7.
Funny thing, the stock kernel gives me better battery life over Franco, maybe I missing something not sure, but keeping that stock for now.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing, the stock kernel gives me better battery life over Franco, maybe I missing something not sure, but keeping that stock for now.

I didn't jump the gun. I noticed the file size was too small and didn't even think about installing it. I am still on P7. Since there's no changelog, I figured that nightly #2 would be a good next update. Guess not.
I guess I will wait for the next nightly or move back to euroskank.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I've been getting better battery life on the "stock" kernel with euro than with Franco as well. To be fair... haven't flashed Franco on the 8/1 nightly I'm running.

*flashes now*

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't jump the gun. I noticed the file size was too small and didn't even think about installing it. I am still on P7. Since there's no changelog, I figured that nightly #2 would be a good next update. Guess not.
I guess I will wait for the next nightly or move back to euroskank.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

New AOKP is out....

I've been getting better battery life on the "stock" kernel with euro than with Franco as well. To be fair... haven't flashed Franco on the 8/1 nightly I'm running.

*flashes now*

The stock Skank kernel is amazing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Xanth269