androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
LTE will be my deciding factor between the bionic and this but if this had 4g im all for it but if anyone knows if it will or anything like that please tell me?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
There are 2 opposing rumors floating around. One says it definitely has LtE the other says no.

Somebody is wrong so sit tight. The info will get out soon enough.

Sent from my Droid

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nobody knows I'm afraid. Some friends with inside info say yes, some say no. The size of a LTE radio has been brought up as a limiting factor due to the thinness of the SGS2, but it's always possible Sammy changes the form factor a bit to fit one in. We're simply not going to know for sure until Big Red announces something.

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Nobody knows I'm afraid. Some friends with inside info say yes, some say no. The size of a LTE radio has been brought up as a limiting factor due to the thinness of the SGS2, but it's always possible Sammy changes the form factor a bit to fit one in. We're simply not going to know for sure until Big Red announces something.
i know they would have to redesign it but i dont mind the extra thickness and listen to the people with higher authority lol.

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I would really be surprised for it to not have LTE. With LTE, I could see it being more successful than the OG Droid.
Ya im with you but like the other post said im sure sammy doesnt want to change the design or the thinness and the battery along with it so while i want it really bad i wouldnt be surprised if it didnt have it

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
you all ready have a super Sammy phone on VZW its Droid Charge. so take this to heart when s2 comes out it will binged out. no thanks no need to carry iPhones lost cousin.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Another observation is that the Droid line-up is already filled with LTE handsets. Hard to beleive the TB and the mid tier Sammy Slider will be the ONLY non Droid LTE devices.

I'm going with it being LTE for a couple reasons and this is one of them.

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Another observation is that the Droid line-up is already filled with LTE handsets. Hard to beleive the TB and the mid tier Sammy Slider will be the ONLY non Droid LTE devices.

I highly doubt it will be lte. The lte radios have shown to make the phones thick. I highly doubt sammy came up with a solution already to making a thinner lte radio. I also dont think sammy is going to redesign a phone just for vzw. I could be wrong...but I am thinking they will just release it as a 3g device and call it the fascinate 2.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
really only two 4g Droids charge and soon bionic. regular is tb revo and soon Sammy slider.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It depends on how much thicker it makes the device. A lot of you put too much stock into how important thinness is for US customers. True, we don't want super bulky phones, but Europeans tend to focus more on getting super thin phones and that is why that feature has been talked up so much overseas. If LTE can be installed without making it a bulky mess, than it is worth adding on a little thickness and weight for US customers.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
It depends on how much thicker it makes the device. A lot of you put too much stock into how important thinness is for US customers. True, we don't want super bulky phones, but Europeans tend to focus more on getting super thin phones and that is why that feature has been talked up so much overseas. If LTE can be installed without making it a bulky mess, than it is worth adding on a little thickness and weight for US customers.

Thickness of owner is a direct ratio to thickness of phone.

Therefore, Americans need thicker phones :)

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

I dont think its aboout the owners, I just think it will come down 2 a few things:

1) Will the lte radio cause a major change in form factor and is samsung and vzw willing to go through the process of having the device changed up significantly to accommodate the lte radio.

2) WIll tegra 2 play well with lte and will the device perform well enough to get customers to buy beyond the initial opening day push.

3) If they can not get it to perform well on lte would it be beneficial to keep it lte or go 3gs considering they will be competing directly with the iphone 5th generation.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
That handset is for a different market as well. Gone will be the iPhone style 1 button. So that in itself changes up the whole form and look of the device.

As it gets closer we will see the US version and it will be an entirely different looking phone I believe.

I don't care what it looks like personally. It's the hardware under the hood that has my interest. I'd drive an old Pinto if it did zero to 60 in 2.3 seconds :)

It's all about speed and performance for me. I like my women beautiful not my tech.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non