Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

pgb0729

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Whats up with that nexus in the train on the advertisements for 199.99 on 2 yr contract for black friday deals? Its on the main page of Android Central! Is it released?

Last edited:

pgb0729

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rumor: Black Friday?

what is that business of a nexus in the train on the advertisements of black friday deals on the main page of Android Central? Its states that its 199.99 on 2 year contract. Is it released?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: First site mentioning Pre-Order

Haha! it's funny that I'm actually now excited that this phone may be for sale on 12/8 when I was expected it earlier.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Whats up with that nexus in the train on the advertisements for 199.99 on 2 yr contract for black friday deals? Its on the main page of Android Central! Is it released?

Yeah, I just saw it too. It looks like Verizon was really looking to get it out by now and all of their ads must have been done ahead of time. I wish that it was actually out and only $199.99 on contract. That would actually make me leave my house on Black Friday.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When you hit the Learn More it will send you to a list of their Black Friday deals, none of which actually talk about the Nexus at all. My guess is that Big Red really did want this phone out by now, they just never had the ads changed when they couldn't deliver the product to market.

Edit: Ninja'd!

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Forget Black Friday! Can't Wait for Ice Cream Thursday

It's kinda ridiculous people wait hand over first for outdated hardware. Just because its cheap doesn't mean its good.

I would rather wait for Ice Cream Sandwich Thursday. The day Verizon releases the phone to the US. (December 8th).

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Forget Black Friday! Can't Wait for Ice Cream Thursday

It's kinda ridiculous people wait hand over first for outdated hardware. Just because its cheap doesn't mean its good.

I would rather wait for Ice Cream Sandwich Thursday. The day Verizon releases the phone to the US. (December 8th).

The term "good" has a dynamic range levied by the price of the product in question.

mastawyrm

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

I was in front of best buy today, didn't seem to be many people in the line taking tickets for phones

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I was in front of best buy today, didn't seem to be many people in the line taking tickets for phones
They would've passed out tix if Verizon wouldve had it ready to release, beforehand, into the hands of a few geeks waiting in line. Everybody else would've been enamored at first sight and more than a few of the average joes, would've taken a little asian astronomer robot buddy home to play with.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm buying off contract but will order thru verizon since it will most likely be a little cheaper.

True... this place doesn't guarantee their shipment of phones coming in on the 9th, but their documentation shows it will. I wonder what vzw's price will be as this may be cheaper sans tax.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

thats the thing with black friday 'deals' the Tvs, cameras, etc are all cheap crap that are produced just for black friday.
I know you're talking about phones, which this doesn't really apply to, but its funny how people are crazy about what is basically garbage.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Over in California, Its a bad house. 1000 people waiting in for the Toys R US. I seriously don't see anything that stands out.

If you don't have a TV, i guess the 720p 42inch is good for 200. But some people were leaving with PS3's. Total savings..10 bucks. Really? waiting in line is worth 10 bucks?