Verizon version will be different?

zhawks

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thicker Lte version of G-Nex

Just read that the LTE version of the Galaxy Nexus will be thicker than the HSPA+ version shown yesterday. Though no word on how much thicker, anyone else a little worried? Trying to decide if there is a point at which it could be too thick relative to the none Verizon version that it will come down to leaving Verizon or getting the Droid Razr.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Thicker Lte version of G-Nex

I'm not worried at all. But, thickness/thinness of a phone is not a really driver in whether I want to buy the phone or not.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Just read that the LTE version of the Galaxy Nexus will be thicker than the HSPA+ version shown yesterday. Though no word on how much thicker, anyone else a little worried? Trying to decide if there is a point at which it could be too thick relative to the none Verizon version that it will come down to leaving Verizon or getting the Droid Razr.

I'm most definitely worried, esp. since they wouldn't even say how much thicker. Honestly, I don't really care about LTE. The 5-10 mbps you get on AT&T HSPA+ would be more than enough for me (email, browsing, etc. I don't stream anything). I would take a thinner phone and better battery life if I could have my way.

I'm curious to hear the carrier announcements. If the Galaxy Nexus will be available on AT&T or T-Mo around the same time that it is available on Verizon, I will probably switch over.

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

actually want it to be thicker to maybe level out the back. i really dislike the way my charge has a hump on its back. it will not lay flat on desk and always wants to rotate the screen when i don't want it rotated.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Coming from an OG Droid, I'm not worried in the least. Maybe it will even make for a more balanced phone from a COG perspective.

It's not as if there are any viable alternatives out there anyway if you want vanilla LTE.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

actually want it to be thicker to maybe level out the back. i really dislike the way my charge has a hump on its back. it will not lay flat on desk and always wants to rotate the screen when i don't want it rotated.

It will be thinner than the Charge.

Itsthenew

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone expecting massive changes for the Verizon version shouldn't get your hopes up. The only time in the past Google has messed with the specs of a phone has been the screen. Anything past over/under clocking and a different screen will be out of the question if history has shown us anything!

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you post what Panda said?

black_man_x The Panda King
Verizon has their own plans for nexus. Being part of a hong Kong event doesn't make sense.. Details coming.. Relax big red fans..

Verizon peeps Remember when sprint got the nexus devices and i said "ours is better " make sense now? Congratulations partner services

Reactions: vzw33

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually do think there are two different devices. The one that was unveiled yesterday had a notification light underneath the bottom bezel. But didn't SUBDawg say that the notification indicator was on the top? Also, he said 8 megapixel camera. Maybe he was mistaken, but it seems that the event purposely stayed away from mentioning any specs of the LTE version.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty sure the LTE version will just be thicker and LTE branding on the back. Thats its. It would be dumb to make different Nexus service with very differwnt specs.

Sent from my ADR6400L

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has their own plans for nexus. Being part of a hong Kong event doesn't make sense.. Details coming.. Relax big red fans..

Verizon peeps Remember when sprint got the nexus devices and i said "ours is better " make sense now? Congratulations partner services

I think he's referring to our Nexus being better than the Nexus S, not the version of the GN that other carriers are getting.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Nice find. But that doesn't mean that the internal specs might be a little different. Or that the camera/notification light are different as well.

Good point. My gut is telling me it's gonna be the same. Who else did Samsung build a LTE Galaxy Nexus for in the US? It's gonna have the same specs.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I think he's referring to our Nexus being better than the Nexus S, not the version of the GN that other carriers are getting.

Now does what you say even make sense? You really think he was saying this phone is better than a phone form over a year ago? smh