Verizon version will be different?

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually do think there are two different devices. The one that was unveiled yesterday had a notification light underneath the bottom bezel. But didn't SUBDawg say that the notification indicator was on the top? Also, he said 8 megapixel camera. Maybe he was mistaken, but it seems that the event purposely stayed away from mentioning any specs of the LTE version.

The reports a few weeks ago said the LED was on the bottom. It's in this forum actually.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
LOL you people are really still thinking there is two different version of this device other then one having a LTE radio in it? You've got way too much time on your hands. I'm not trolling at all but common guys lets think about this for a second. When has Google EVER came out with two different versions of a Nexus? NEVER AND THEY NEVER WILL.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Now does what you say even make sense? You really think he was saying this phone is better than a phone form over a year ago? smh

Yes, actually it makes plenty of sense. Panda was saying people jealous about Sprint getting a Nexus should relax because Verizon's eventual Nexus would be amazing. I remember when he tweeted this.

Should I be "SMH" at you?

Reactions: Asterdroid

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
LOL you people are really still thinking there is two different version of this device other then one having a LTE radio in it? You've got way too much time on your hands. I'm not trolling at all but common guys lets think about this for a second. When has Google EVER came out with two different versions of a Nexus? NEVER AND THEY NEVER WILL.

Your argument is flawed. This is the third nexus Google has ever released, so saying that because something has never happened in the past, it cannot happen now is ridiculous. Also, there are already two versions of the phone: one for LTE and one for HSPA+. That is two different versions of a nexus right there.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Your argument is flawed. This is the third nexus Google has ever released, so saying that because something has never happened in the past, it cannot happen now is ridiculous. Also, there are already two versions of the phone: one for LTE and one for HSPA+. That is two different versions of a nexus right there.

+1

While I don't think there will be any variation in hardware other than the LTE radio, saying that it's impossible is naive.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
They specifically said in the presentation that it's 8.94mm thin for the HSPA version. By saying that specifically...you can infer that the LTE version will be slightly thicker. If you look at those pics posted on the last page:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111962077049890418486/albums/5665035024904779473?hl=en

the LTE version seems to have a slightly less pronounced hump on the bottom...so maybe it really is just a matter of 1 or 2 mm...but they can't announce they have a 10-11mm phone when their thinnest version is under 9. You especially can't say 10mm, when the RAZR clocks in at 7.1mm.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I still think that there could be more to the LTE/Verizon version than just thickness.

Not to blow smoke up my own A$$ here, but I feel I made some rather good points in opening post.

And just like Panda mentioned, this Nexus will be better than some of the other ones which ties to whatever specs SUB-dawg mentioned. It's possible.

That's all I'm saying, it's possible. Something could happen. Companies have released brother/sister versions of US based phones before, with slightly different specs. Why wouldn't Nexus be treated the same? because of history, but maybe that will change?

Right now...as fact, all we know is that YES, it WILL be thicker than the HSPA+ version. And the article that mentions that (and Engadget article), says that the employee did not elaborate anymore on the LTE device.

Why not? Does Verizon have its on NDA for this device? Probably and why?

I'm just keeping an open mind, I'm not hoping for anything better, but if the LTE version does come wrapped up in something better then that will be quite the bombshell and something I'm quite open to.

I also edited the first post with a picture that shows a notification that the LTE version may have different specs. The "may" part shows that maybe no one quite knows what Verizon has in store for this device. Knowing Verizon though, they for sure have their own agenda with this Nexus phone.

koolbon

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I personally think that Verizon version is probably the closest one to the original spec since they are the one getting it first. If there are any variations ones available later would be more likely the variations.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The only real change that I am actually hoping for is a bigger battery. Because of the LTE radio, they HAVE to give us a bigger battery. As a Thunderbolt user, I can tell you guys that you are in for a shock when it comes to real 4G battery drainage. I don't think a 1750 mah battery is going to cut it.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
there is no other differences then the radio and storage size in any GN device.. I was referring to when the S came out on sprint and a lot of people were asking where the vzw one was. My comment was directed at early vzw planning for a Nexus flagship device on the new LTE network.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So because it never happened before in the past with this specific line of devices, it can't possibly happen now? Does anyone remember a mere month or two back when Samsung released 3 different Galaxy S2 devices? Sizes, batteries, even processors are different. Now this particular fan of Android will get one no matter what, but I'd be extremely pleased if Verizon launched a Nexus with a Exynos 4212 and a bigger battery, say 2050 mah. Oddly enough that would almost be like a set of rumored specs that came out not too long ago sans the 8mp camera.

Maybe the Panda already knows this. Maybe none of us do. Its all speculation, but let's not rule anything out.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
there is no other differences then the radio and storage size in any GN device.. I was referring to when the S came out on sprint and a lot of people were asking where the vzw one was. My comment was directed at early vzw planning for a Nexus flagship device on the new LTE network.

942-okay-meme.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87