Annoyed Samsung?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is forgetting the Galaxy S/Fascinate. Released WELL after the other c arriers. Then barely any support or ads. Then they released the continuum. I think that phone was in one ad last holiday seaso.n

Moto and Htc seem to get preference at Vzw. Don't forget, the Nexus never had any advertising with Tmo. No normal consumers even heard of it really until sprint ran 4g ads.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is forgetting the Galaxy S/Fascinate. Released WELL after the other c arriers. Then barely any support or ads. Then they released the continuum. I think that phone was in one ad last holiday seaso.n

Moto and Htc seem to get preference at Vzw. Don't forget, the Nexus never had any advertising with Tmo. No normal consumers even heard of it really until sprint ran 4g ads.

Yeah, I don't remember any T-mobile advertising for the N1. I heard about the Nexus from a friend and went straight to Google's site. I remember the Google advertising "web meets phone" and thought that was cool.

Drzfr3shboialex

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't remember any T-mobile advertising for the N1. I heard about the Nexus from a friend and went straight to Google's site. I remember the Google advertising "web meets phone" and thought that was cool.

Tmobile didnt sell it directly so makes sense why they wouldnt. Many ” normal”, consumer wouldnt go through all that hassle for the nexus one

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

joker2wild

May 29, 2011
Visit site
You're all wrong.
Verizon is taking so long because they have to load all the devices with bloatware before release.
Vanilla Android? Uh huh, not if Big Red has anything to say about it.

I am entitled to believe this , my folks have VZW, so when my mom had to go to a corporate store for a replacement phone I tagged along. Started a conversation with a Rep who, tried to get me switch carriers, I asked about the GN, and I swear, this guy did everything to talk about other phones coming out, even trying to talk me into a iPhone. They really don't want to sell this phone..lol

from my Nexus S 4G with ICS....and Siri

Wicell

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I would laugh if the G-Nex ends up being like the bionic and keeps getting delayed and then released after ALL the other U.S. carriers get their versions. (a la Atrix, Photon, Electrify...) Lol :cool:

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Why would Verizon care if they released 3 Verizon exclusive phones all at once when they make their money from the contracts? Just to appease the manufactures of said phones?

I wouldn't think that would be the case because one of the manufactures (Samsung) doesn't seem happy about. Maybe to make Motorola happy? Still doesn't make too much sense...

Although Verizon and Motorola can release a phone right. My father ordered 4 Razr's that are coming out tomorrow. He got all 4 this morning, and I think I read someone in the razr forum got theirs yesterday...

Why can it work that way for something I want. Product announced, couple weeks later, pre orders, week after that and I'm using the damn thing....No one is doing me any favors by releasing this phone....I'm paying a premium price for the device and the contract....

they care because when other carriers release new phones that attract attention they lose customers.. by releasing all of your 3 attention grabbing phones at once you leave yourself open to have a period of time where other carriers are getting the shine as far as hot new phones.

Verizon has been resting on it's laurels faaar too long. They have been riding on the back of having the best coverage for the longest time and I personally think that if they don't change their ways it will bite them in the rear big time. Just look at the biggest example, the iphone. Verizon screws themselves out of the phenom that is the iphone, loses customers, and burns a bridge for four years. They had better change their ways or they'll wake up one day to find the others have caught up and no phone manufacturer wanting to do business with them. My opinion only.

um they are releasing the three hottest phones of the holidays.. all on one carrier.. and they are offering a double data promo. additionally they signed major deals with huge markets like the NFL.

how exactly are they resting on their laurels?

(oh not to mention the agressive LTE rollouts)

people.. stop coming up with wild excuses to hate Verizon over us not having a release date.. we all want a release date but the only thing that was said was THIS YEAR. Stop acting like you are being beaten and abused.. we are impatient.. and a release date is going to be a glorious thing.. but at this point Verizon hasnt done anything to us.

I am entitled to believe this , my folks have VZW, so when my mom had to go to a corporate store for a replacement phone I tagged along. Started a conversation with a Rep who, tried to get me switch carriers, I asked about the GN, and I swear, this guy did everything to talk about other phones coming out, even trying to talk me into a iPhone. They really don't want to sell this phone..lol

No offense.. but 1. the sales people are about the farthest thing from corporate.. 2. they are trying to sell you a phone for commission.. they get no commission by you deciding on a phone they dont even have to sell you.. of course they are going to try and push you into a phone they can sell right then.

I went to the Verizon store a month ago and asked about the Razr.. they had no idea what it was and were trying to push me into several of the phones they had there.. they are simply trying to make a sale.

Last edited:

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Although Verizon and Motorola can release a phone right. My father ordered 4 Razr's that are coming out tomorrow. He got all 4 this morning, and I think I read someone in the razr forum got theirs yesterday...

Why can it work that way for something I want. Product announced, couple weeks later, pre orders, week after that and I'm using the damn thing....No one is doing me any favors by releasing this phone....I'm paying a premium price for the device and the contract....

I posted in there that my father got his Razr mean while I'm still waiting for a dang release date when the Razr was announced a few HOURS before the GNex. I would think that Google would be more concerned about the release dates of the GNex and the Razr cannibalizing sales than VZW. Google now owns Moto and GNex is THE next-gen flagship device for Google and Android.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait until the phone is released so threads like this will cease to exist.

Amen! This senseless angst is hi-la-ri-ous! The phone will come out when it comes out. Those that really want it will wait and buy it when it does. And those that are just commenting to be commenting will give some BS reason as to why they decided to get something else.

Hangfire79

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
um they are releasing the three hottest phones of the holidays.. all on one carrier.. and they are offering a double data promo. additionally they signed major deals with huge markets like the NFL.

They are resting on their laurels in that they know they are the largest carrier, can charge their customers whatever they want, and expect manufacturers to bend to their will. The LTE rollout you speak of is simply more money in their pocket and yet another way to force manufacturers to bend to their will. I'm tired of never going over my minutes yet being charged different amounts frequently. I stay with them only because they have the best coverage. While these 3 phones are awesome, Verizon has been known to pass up on amazing phones before. They are the bully of the cellular highschool. Oh I'm getting this phone, but if it were offered on a different carrier with equal coverage, I'd leave Verizon in a heartbeat.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
they care because when other carriers release new phones that attract attention they lose customers.. by releasing all of your 3 attention grabbing phones at once you leave yourself open to have a period of time where other carriers are getting the shine as far as hot new phones.

people.. stop coming up with wild excuses to hate Verizon over us not having a release date.. we all want a release date but the only thing that was said was THIS YEAR. Stop acting like you are being beaten and abused.. we are impatient.. and a release date is going to be a glorious thing.. but at this point Verizon hasnt done anything to us.

No offense.. but 1. the sales people are about the farthest thing from corporate.. 2. they are trying to sell you a phone for commission.. they get no commission by you deciding on a phone they dont even have to sell you.. of course they are going to try and push you into a phone they can sell right then.

I went to the Verizon store a month ago and asked about the Razr.. they had no idea what it was and were trying to push me into several of the phones they had there.. they are simply trying to make a sale.

Idk samsung skyrocket is just as good as the nexus and that is already out on at&t with lte and the vivid is similar to the rezound that is coming on verizon.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I posted in there that my father got his Razr mean while I'm still waiting for a dang release date when the Razr was announced a few HOURS before the GNex. I would think that Google would be more concerned about the release dates of the GNex and the Razr cannibalizing sales than VZW. Google now owns Moto and GNex is THE next-gen flagship device for Google and Android.

Google doesn't own moto yet, the moto board votes the 17th. Not to mention they mentioned multiple times they are letting moto run on their own and pretty much just bought them for the patent protection.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
VZ should release it on their web store with no advertising asap. The people who have been waiting for this phone don't want the Razr or the Rezound. I won't buy either, instead I'll keep waiting for a Nexus phone, and if VZ doesn't offer one before it hit's Tmobile or Sprint I'll leave VZ to go to the carrier who does have it.

Personally I think that's a win/win for VZ. They can go on promoting their bloatware, skinned phones that they have total control over to the masses and they can satisfy the Android geeks like us. Once all the geeks have the Nexus they can quietly start selling them in store to satisfy Samsung.

joker2wild

May 29, 2011
Visit site

None taken, VZW sales 3 yrs, Sprint sales 2yrs, T-Mobile sales 3 yrs, and I currently supervise at a corporate VZW call center for the last year.....I KNOW they were trying to push me to a phone in stock, my point was they were pushing the razr, and letting me know about the Rezound, even the iPhone before they would even talk about the Nexus

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung knows the release date, they are just not at liberty to announce it since it's Verizon's campaign now. If the Samsung VP announced it ahead of Verizon, there would be a strained relation between Verizon and Samsung.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Tough to say. Imagine you spent millions upon millions developing a product and expected x company to sell it. You'd definitely be a little more in the loop then we are.

Agreed. This is as much as Samsung's baby as it is Google's. They have to be keeping more than tabs on the release of their phone.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup. I got that same feeling. Samsung is a bit annoyed with Verizon. I have no idea what kind of politics are at work there...but it doesn't sound very fun.

The device was announced almost a full month ago and in that time the RAZR and Rezound were announced and with those announcements came launch dates.

It's quite amazing that we still have heard nothing on a release date from Verizon, let alone the thickness of the LTE version. Also, cases for the GN have started showing up in stores and also training materials as well. Yet, no launch date announcement.

W.T.F.

?

Also, November 10th is here. One of the rumored dates. And....*drum roll*.....nothing has happened. The next date to look forward to is the 17th....if nothing happens by then, the next date is the "week of" the 21st.

These dates are coming up fast, I cannot believe we still have no release date.

It's not about wanting the device now...it's not knowing when. Hell, even if a launch date of January 1st 2012 came I'd be happy, because at least it would be an actual date.

Okay...rant over.

I think we would have a release date from Verizon if Motorola was the manufacturer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gobigred303

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Tough to say. Imagine you spent millions upon millions developing a product and expected x company to sell it. You'd definitely be a little more in the loop then we are.

I'm guessing there is something in the contract between the 2 companies that the phone must be available for sale by a certain date. Otherwise VZW has too much freedom with the device. That date, however, could very well be January 2012 or later. VZW probably has the option to sell it whenever they want as long as it is before that date. Whether Samsung knows what date VZW plans to release the phone, I don't know. But I'm not convinced VZW knows either.

nbajam

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has been resting on it's laurels faaar too long. They have been riding on the back of having the best coverage for the longest time and I personally think that if they don't change their ways it will bite them in the rear big time. Just look at the biggest example, the iphone. Verizon screws themselves out of the phenom that is the iphone, loses customers, and burns a bridge for four years. They had better change their ways or they'll wake up one day to find the others have caught up and no phone manufacturer wanting to do business with them. My opinion only.

Verizon has been an over-bearing, over-controlling company for years. It hasn't changed. It won't change.

And it hasn't hurt them. And until another carrier can match Verizon's coverage and reliability, it won't even matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez