Verizon Upgrade Survey

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got a survey from Verizon. Here's what it says:
We recently noticed that one or more lines on your account are still eligible for a phone upgrade. Will you help us understand why?

Please take a few minutes to participate in a short survey to let us know about your upgrade plans. We're always looking for ways to improve your wireless experience and your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer.

To ensure we receive your valuable survey information, please don't forward this message to any other email addresses.

They asked a series of questions about marketing materials they've sent. No specific phones are mentioned.

One question asked what type of phone I'm looking for. I answered other: Galaxy Nexus.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I got an email today from Verizon that said "Introducing" ....I almost fainted until I read further and it said "the Droid Razr"....lol

yuzume83

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My boyfriend just replaced his Thunderbolt with an iphone 4s so I figured I'd use his bolt while I wait for the GN instead of my OG Droid. I went in to the Verizon store to get a SIM card so I could use the bolt and explained the situation to the store rep. He mentioned that my upgrade has been due for awhile so why don't I just use it towards a new phone like the iphone4s or Razr. I told him that I'm waiting for the Galaxy Nexus.:D

He asked if I was sure because the Razr is supposed to be awesome and I told him yes, I was sure. I'm hoping Verizon sends me the survey so I can tell them I'm waiting for the Galaxy Nexus!

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So.... what would the point of this thread be? To tell us you told Verizon you're waiting for the Nexus?
That, and to point out that Verizon subtly acts like its entire customer base ISN'T interested in the GN (or in other words, are completely typical consumers).

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That, and to point out that Verizon subtly acts like its entire customer base ISN'T interested in the GN (or in other words, are completely typical consumers).

If you went into the store on the same day the razr launched they are told to push the razr. When the nexus comes out they will tell you that phone is the greatest. You arent buying a phone from people like us. Youre buying a phone from people who make money from selling phones verizon wants them to sell on a given day.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
If you went into the store on the same day the razr launched they are told to push the razr. When the nexus comes out they will tell you that phone is the greatest. You arent buying a phone from people like us. Youre buying a phone from people who make money from selling phones verizon wants them to sell on a given day.

Exactly, those reps strive to meet a quota that's given to them on a regular basis. They will push whatever the "hot" phone is at the time. Thankfully most of us on this website are educated about the current phone situation on Verizon and don't fall for that "omg the DROID Razr is the best phone you'll ever see" BS. We know there is a device that's 100 times better then the Razr could even think about being right around the corner.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got a survey from Verizon. Here's what it says:

They asked a series of questions about marketing materials they've sent. No specific phones are mentioned.

One question asked what type of phone I'm looking for. I answered other: Galaxy Nexus.

I'll be paying the part of Nemov in this reply, and I won't be arguing back and forth...

Ug another thread like this? No mention of the Galaxy Nexus in the email on Verizon's end. Yet here we are posting in the inappropriate forum. This phone can't come out quick enough so bad threads lie this will cease to exist #enduselessthreads
Flame on

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has sent a lot of marketing via direct mail that promotes the Droid line. There are a lot OG Droids eligible for upgrade.

It will be interesting to see if the reps are trained to push people away from the Nexus.

P.S. I love you Akuma!

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has sent a lot of marketing via direct mail that promotes the Droid line. There are a lot OG Droids eligible for upgrade.

It will be interesting to see if the reps are trained to push people away from the Nexus.

P.S. I love you Akuma!

;)

kenshell

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
My friend just got back from verizon. They told him they were not getting the nexus.
they pushed the razor on him. He does not know better so he bought the razor.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My friend just got back from verizon. They told him they were not getting the nexus.
they pushed the razor on him. He does not know better so he bought the razor.

Wow now that is really bad. I guess they need the Droid line to sell so they can make their royalty payments to LucasArts. I think Verizon probably made a mistake with that deal.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
A bit off-topic, but on that note, I don't know why some of you (not aimed at anyone in this thread but in the broader forums, unless I missed someone) put so much faith in Verizon's in store reps. Obviously you weren't around for the Nexus S launch. :p

Though at least there was a release date, most Best Buy reps didn't know crap about the phone until it showed up in stores. Some denied Best Buy was even launching the Nexus S, some claimed you couldn't buy it off contract, some claimed it was only being sold in areas T-Mobile had service, some said that there was both a locked T-Mobile version and an unlocked version that could only be bought off-contract. All of this was false and half of it had even already been debunked by a press release from Best Buy itself. This all continued until the phone showed up in the store. And even then there were still out-of-the-loop employees.

VZW reps won't know much reliable information about the Galaxy Nexus until the very day it comes out. Don't take them too seriously.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
They are just people making nominal money at a job that most likely will not be their career. It's like taking the word of a ticket taker at the movies about the corporate strategies of their employer.

I say this VERY loosely. I basically mean that it's just my yob man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non