Redditor seems legit, seems to validate a post 11/28 launch

pr0crast

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Check out this guy's comments.

He does actually seem like someone closely involved with the launch, who HAS an LTE galaxy nexus, whether he's a Google or Verizon or Samsung or other employee. He makes it sound like it's not some sneaky marketing ploy on VZW's part, but that there's actually some aspect of the LTE nexus that hasn't met some approval yet and that's what the hold up is. Makes sense since the test units that were sent to reviewers were not the LTE versions.

Decide for yourself if he's legit by reading his past comment history.

"wanna make a bet? :)
I will 100% guarantee you it will not launch next week."

"well there STILL is not a 100% certain launch date nailed down. From our end of the table there is a small range of "high probability" dates if everything goes according to plan. VZW also as a myriad of phones that launched/are launching including some other big ones that they didn't want getting lost in the shuffle. they know the die hards will wait for the Galaxy Nexus, so lost sales due to a small delay aren't forecasted to be a big issue.
If I can offer you some hope, there should be plenty so no worries about them running out!"

"I don't know who p3droid is (but his information is typically pretty accurate) but Samsung has alot of employees, and I'm assuming the person mentioned is one of a number in their sales team for Verizon, who are pretty much the last to know most confidential information, but have been issued the Galaxy Nexus very recently. My information comes from the person who is directly responsible for determining the launch of the device. I work in the industry and have excellent relations with most of the higher ranking staff at several of the companies involved.
Edit: I mean I do not know who p3droid is in real life and what position he holds. I was merely stating that he was one of the first to predict a december date"

"Oh they know it will sell well, but they also have to give due spotlight time to some of the other flagship devices as well that just launched. How would Motorola and HTC feel if the Nexus dropped and rained on their parade? Verizon's goal is to make money, they dont really care exactly what phone you go with. So take some time, perfect the phone, let you buy some of the other handsets (and plenty are) and then launch it when you are fully ready. There was a time period when Verizon was so out of stock on handsets (like the Incredible anyone?) where they were pushing handsets to the market before they were ready and sooner than they should have. right now they have a good solid line up so they can take their time to launch devices that are more stable and less prone to returns and warranty issues."

"I work in the industry, in a position very closely related to the device and launch process. If I am wrong then hell has frozen over and I've been lied to quite a lot lately. I suppose it is possible though! I'm not trying to discourage you, I just don't want people to be rushing to stores, or complaining when its not out on the 21st and "Verizon said it would be!" :)"

"as the manufacturer and the carrier work together to bring a device to market, the manufacturer submits the hardware and software to the carrier for review along the way. When they feel the device and its software is ready for launch, they submit it for final approval. often times the carrier sends it back with some petty changes or some small bugs it identified."

"Unfortunately she is a little out of date (or not quite high enough up the ladder), and it (as p3droid reported) will not launch until after the end of the month. There are a few approvals that have not been met yet, and has pushed back the launch a bit. :(
I am sorry that you will "that one guy who was very certain the Galaxy Nexus would come out on 11/18 and it didn't"
/someone closely associated with VZW/SAMSUNG/GOOGLE"

"google voice seems to be working really well, but its not integrated into the messaging app. what sort of specific improvements are you looking for, so I can give you a better answer?
there are absolutely no logos on the front of the phone whatsoever. the only logos on the back are the 4GLTE logo and the GOOGLE logo. not even a SAMSUNG in sight."

"whether I'm believed or not concerns me little, as it doesn't really matter one way or another. what happens will happen. I'm here just to shed some light on certain things from time to time and have some fun discussion. keeping my job is my primary concern. when we get word that certain information isn't too big a secret anymore, then I will feel comfortable posting it. until then I don't want to be "that guy who opened his mouth too big that one time and lost his job and now can't feed his family" not to mention the monetary risk of truly violating a NDA. there is a fine line to walk.
some of you take phone launches a little too seriously. even for those passionate people making them."

"I dont have a ruler on me, but I will update you when I can. I do know it is pretty much the same size. As for the battery life, I am currently at 4.5 hrs on battery and at 88 percent. they just pushed an update this morning so I will see throughout the day how it goes. the battery life has been getting better. I have been fairly light on using it so far today though."

"I'm using a galaxy nexus currently. The facial recognition works beautifully, (no you can't hold it up to a picture of me to unlock it, and it uses a password or pin to unlock if the lighting isnt right to see your face (only ran into this in pitch black middle of night). I'll also answer what I can. (mine is LTE on VZW)."

"The most recent update has dramatically improved battery life on the Nexus. I am in a LTE coverage area and heavily use my phone. I have been getting better battery life than any of the other LTE phones I have used. I get through an entire day with no problem most of the time."

"backhaul bandwidth from the cell sites also comes into play, and is becoming the big factor in limiting the bandwidth to your handset. It means nothing if they can get 1gbps from your device to the tower, but then have to fit your data along with everyone else's on the site across a fiber connection thats slower than the wireless speeds."

"look at the milliamps on the output specs of your charger. buy chargers with the same output. for instance, the Galaxy Nexus (as the poster referenced) comes with a 1A charger. From what I've seen, I can't even get it to recognize that its charging when plugged into a 750mA charger. USB 2.0 standard says a communications port for a High Power device will output 500mA. The standard has been updated to allow for as much power as can be safely transported when no communication is occuring, so that is why they include separate charging heads nowadays, to provide the current your phone needs. this wave of new multicore, high power devices require more power, but theres still alot of lower power chargers on the market for basic phones and older models."

"nothing. the processor in the RAZR is fine and will run your phone just fine well into the future. what people fail to realize is that your phone was designed to work well with the hardware it was given. 5 years from now, sure there will be some games out that may not run very well on it, but the processor speed is no longer an issue with causing operating system lag, and keeping you from performing the most common tasks your phone was designed for."

Last edited:
Reactions: klutch.SuLLy

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Not really good news if it's true. I can believe this more than most of the other rumors I've heard since his at least seem to all add up, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
"I'm using a galaxy nexus currently. The facial recognition works beautifully, (no you can't hold it up to a picture of me to unlock it, and it uses a password or pin to unlock if the lighting isnt right to see your face (only ran into this in pitch black middle of night). I'll also answer what I can. (mine is LTE on VZW)."

Seems like he is wrong here...

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Decide for yourself if he's legit by reading his past comment history.

there are absolutely no logos on the front of the phone whatsoever. the only logos on the back are the 4GLTE logo and the GOOGLE logo. not even a SAMSUNG in sight."

.."

Hmm. I decide .. Not legit ..

verizon-galaxy-nexus.jpg

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
@ the op how is the screen compared to the razr? Is it that significant. Also what about call clarity and call reception; are the two both equal. If not which has the edge. Lastly what about the bluetooth connectivity.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Not my problem motorola and HTC (especially Motorola) make a new phone every 2 months. Droid 1, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid 3 R2D2 edition, Bionic, Razr. My god Motorola!! Can you like STFU!!!?!! Your phones suck anyways, get rid of motoblur.

I hope Galaxy Nexus Ruins Motorola again. They make phones like how I wipe my butt.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Not my problem motorola and HTC (especially Motorola) make a new phone every 2 months. Droid 1, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid 3 R2D2 edition, Bionic, Razr. My god Motorola!! Can you like STFU!!!?!! Your phones suck anyways, get rid of motoblur.

I hope Galaxy Nexus Ruins Motorola again. They make phones like how I wipe my butt.

I'm thinking your post wasn't meant for this thread?? lol

SoulWeaponry

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh? Like the rumor that got a bunch of publicity on tech blogs and even the news from reddit the other day about it coming on 11/18? I've gotten numb to rumors. At this point after seeing miss after miss, you see a rumor and you have to know they're lying to you. You just have to. The "i know someone on the inside" or "my granny is a sales manager" isn't going to do it anymore. I officially stopped following rumors

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo