The Officially Official Verizon Rep "Source" Thread

rainman353

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Went to verizon store last night and had to wait 20 minutes and still didn't get anyone to help me so I decided to call one of the cellularsales authorized retailers and asked if they had any. The lady told me to hold, then she came back on and said they didn't have them for sale yet. I asked if she knew when and she put me on hold again and then picked back up and said "Sir....we'll have them for sale Thursday" in a very quiet I'm not supposed to tell you this tone. So I'll go by Thursday just to see, still don't believe them but we'll just see.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If you have a google account, can't you still access the market online in a browser on your computer and purchase apps?

I believe you can get a buddy to create an account for you, sign into their device with your account, then download the apps. Once Android Market shows that you have downloaded them then when you set up your new phone (using the Google account previously set up) your apps should download to your new device.

Am I wrong, anyone?

Appreciate the advice, but I'm not opposed to paying full price for apps I want. Gotta support the developers. If I were truly that concerned, I could have "rented" a phone by now.

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's the truth behind the Nexus "delays"

I will start off by saying that I have some bad news but in a comforting sort of way. I don't believe the Galaxy Nexus will be released this Thurs. 8(
Yeah, I know, I hated typing that as much as you despise me for typing that. Although, a X-mas miracle could come true and we see this phone before the weekend, I personally don't think we will.

Well Automaddux, how did you come to this conclusion? I will tell you that the answer is not as bad as you might think. I spent the better half of my hour drive home from work this morning talking to a Verizon rep and she gave me quite a bit of insight into how Verizon releases phones and why the confusion surrounding this particular phone. Now I know as of late, Verizon reps are catching the nasty end of a beating stick for "misleading" people and giving misinformation about dates and such but thats not what me and this rep talked about.

If you have followed the release of the iphone 4s then you know that Verizon cutomers who have signed up for preorders are still waiting for their phones to come in, which was back in like August. The iphone was sold out in stores before it even hit the shelves. Four hours to be exact according to her. Now fast forward to early last month with the release of the Droid Razr. The rep claimed that they initially didn't expect the Razr to be in as high of demand so it too, has had people on preorder waiting lists since it's release.

She explains that Verizon knows good and well that the G-Nex is going to end up being a high seller and also in the same boat if they don't come up with a way to determine how many phones to send to their stores, which is why I think the stores recieved a shipment but then were told to hold them. She also said that since its "unofficial" delay thay have been instructed to "push a button" when someone asks about the deivce that way they can get a consensus of how many people are anticipating the release. 'chuckle' I told her all she needed to do was go onto any android forum and read all the comments and they'll know exactly how many they need... A -ton.

So there you have it. I know it's second hand infomation so take it with how ever many bags of salt you wanna throw down on it, but I feel the rep I talked to didn't try to tell me anything she didn't honestly know about for herself. When I tried to pry a date out of her, all she said was it could be in a couple of weeks but don't mark it on your calenders just yet.
Honestly, I feel good if this is the case. I would much rather have them "delay" it in order to make sure that they have enough than to be on a preorder list that's longer than the line at the DMV. What do you think? Tell me about it. Am I full of baloney? Was the rep just giving me a line of crap? Only time will tell I guess.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Here's the truth behind the Nexus "delays"

Title change, please. Replace "Here's" with "Purportedly".

Either that, or mods, please merge into the "The Officially Official Verizon Rep Source" thread...

Not doubting your conversation, but it is one of many posted so far...

clucernoni

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Appreciate the advice, but I'm not opposed to paying full price for apps I want. Gotta support the developers. If I were truly that concerned, I could have "rented" a phone by now.

If it's supporting developers that you want (which I am all for), you should buy them now anyway like we suggested. It's not as if the Devs are taking cuts in their income because of the price cuts on the apps. I'm pretty sure this is Google offering their apps at the discounted price (10 cents), and then paying close to full price to the devs, therefore Google is taking the loss in revenue, not the devs.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Nope. I visit the upgrade page often and there hasn't been a red circle over any phone other than the iPhone. Its almost three weeks out for a ship date. That's insane. I have asked and looked and the demand for razr and resound has been anticlimactic.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If it's supporting developers that you want (which I am all for), you should buy them now anyway like we suggested. It's not as if the Devs are taking cuts in their income because of the price cuts on the apps. I'm pretty sure this is Google offering their apps at the discounted price (10 cents), and then paying close to full price to the devs, therefore Google is taking the loss in revenue, not the devs.

I did not know that... I'll research a work-around for my case and report back if I find anything.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

OK time for some popcorn again.

Don't you know how ppl feel about Verizon reps around here?

Granted this one may have spewed alot more info than most but still what makes this info better than info that has been spewed by any other?

Sorry for being so cynical, this pseudo release has got me edgy.

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

yeah, my bad i looked through the list but didn't see any relevant threads. Must not have looked hard enough:)

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't believe that at all. If so many people are waiting on a Razr then why are they able to sell them in stores with no problem? Either way they're selling devices so that's not a reason to delay it. I don't think she knows what she's talking about. That's just my opinion though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Nope. I visit the upgrade page often and there hasn't been a red circle over any phone other than the iPhone. Its almost three weeks out for a ship date. That's insane. I have asked and looked and the demand for razr and resound has been anticlimactic.

Yep. I'm not doubting that the rep may have told the OP that story. But, I don't buy it at all. If it was even partially true, then why is there no delay on getting the RAZR or Rezound? Anybody can order right off of the website or pick it up in the store without any delay whatsoever.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I don't believe that at all. If so many people are waiting on a Razr then why are they able to sell them in stores with no problem? Either way they're selling devices so that's not a reason to delay it. I don't think she knows what she's talking about. That's just my opinion though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

My sentiments exactly. And you just beat my post. ;)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Wonder how long this gets merged. The last one took about 3 minutes.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sold on this idea, honestly. Several Best Buys in my area, as well as Radio Shacks, have multiple units in their locations. I believe that's probably the case most everywhere. If there wasn't enough stock to launch this device, they would have been the first people to not receive them. Besides, they could just put whatever they don't have on back order like they do with the iPhone.

I'm convinced it's a connectivity issue. Not only because people have reported it who have the device, but because it's the only thing that makes sense at this point. If they've been able to keep things steady with their update and haven't run into any new problems as of today, I don't see how the 15th isn't possible with an announcement tomorrow. It's touch and go right now only because they want to make sure there's no other issues and everything remains consistent.