Verizon GNex -- talk & browse simul.?

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm probably about to switch to VZW from ATT so i can get the GNex. But a question about this phone on VZW's network:

will we be able to talk & browse simultaneously? or is that CDMA limitation only affecting iphones?

TIA!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
on the lte network yes you can, on 3g it depends of they put the radio in for it like the htc thunderbolt can. But yes on 4g.

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
awesome. just had to ask y'know.... preorders maybe around the corner. man, i can't believe i'm an early adopter this time. hopefully it will be worth it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
on the lte network yes you can, on 3g it depends of they put the radio in for it like the htc thunderbolt can. But yes on 4g.

It doesnt sound like it will work that way. From what I have seen only the TBolt and Rezound can do it and it has something to do with the chip-set being Qualcom.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It doesnt sound like it will work that way. From what I have seen only the TBolt and Rezound can do it and it has something to do with the chip-set being Qualcom.

Actually its the radio design. Separates 1xrtt from evdo/lte. The antenna is in the back cover for the evdo/lte. The 1xrtt is internal and functions with the back cover off.

The other manufacturers have lte separate from 1xrtt/evdo. This is why you can call/browse on lte and wifi only.

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Both my Bionic and Stratosphere are able to do it. No doubt the Nexus can.

incorrect. the bionic can only do it when on 4G. my friend has it and he can't talk and data at the same time when in 3G. the thunderbolt has SVDO iirc.. it does both 3G and 4G on 1 antenna while voice is done completely on another. this allows you to do whatever u want on a phone call while browsing. its really only seen in HTC phones for the most part, and not a lot of them to begin with.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
incorrect. the bionic can only do it when on 4G. my friend has it and he can't talk and data at the same time when in 3G. the thunderbolt has SVDO iirc.. it does both 3G and 4G on 1 antenna while voice is done completely on another. this allows you to do whatever u want on a phone call while browsing. its really only seen in HTC phones for the most part, and not a lot of them to begin with.

I think he was talking about while on 4g.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress