Screen Protector/skin Comparisons

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Now I already know there are a couple/few threads that are talking about overall protection for the Galaxy Nexus but I want to just ask about screen protectors/skins. I haven't used one other than the invisible shield a long time ago when the droid x first came out (orange peel sucked *****) so idk what I should get. I've been looking at reviews through other forums and such but I can't trust the dates as I want an updated knowing. I don't mind spending $20 but I want to make sure its the right one.

things to think about:

• Feel of the screen
  • Clarity of the protector (how clear, accurate colors)
  • Durability (how much it can handle, how long does it stay on)
  • Orange peel effect?

A few I've been looking at:

1. Skinomi
  2. wrapsol
  3. phantomskinz

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could update me through your experiences. Thank You!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Yo fellow Hawaii person. Big Island guy here.

I have more than one person tell me they swear by Steinheil screen protectors. They claim its the best and they have tried em all.

I don't use any myself, just think they somehow interfere with the interaction with the phone. Its probably a mental block I have.

Reactions: TYagoto

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yo fellow Hawaii person. Big Island guy here.

I have more than one person tell me they swear by Steinheil screen protectors. They claim its the best and they have tried em all.

I don't use any myself, just think they somehow interfere with the interaction with the phone. Its probably a mental block I have.

Thanks Davey! any other recommendations guys?

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
i also like Steinheil. i've used their screen protectors for my two previous phones.

when installing the screen protector, i'd suggest, in addition to wiping the screen down with the cloth, to also get a can of compressed air to blow off any random pieces of fuzz/lint/etc that might float onto the screen while installing.

Reactions: TYagoto

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks reflek, I'll keep that in mind when/if I get a Steinheil sp! Do you notice if it peels or not? I'm sure it hold well but over time?

Rennat

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like Steinheil is a good protector but will they be bringing there Ultra Clear protector to the Galaxy Nexus? It sounds like that is the one i actually want.

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
does it even fit exactly? the Steinheil? isn't there some edge fitment issue with the screen glass contour vs. the non-contoured screen protector?

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
does it even fit exactly? the Steinheil? isn't there some edge fitment issue with the screen glass contour vs. the non-contoured screen protector?

no, it does not fit perfectly. check the other thread. it's due to the curved glass design and because the type of screen protector is a dry install that clings statically. if it was the same exact size, it would supposedly cause air bubbles.

in actuality, I wanted the crystal clear version, as well, but I'm pretty sure it will not fit perfectly either. I ordered the flex version yesterday. a member of xda forums posted pictures and it fit perfectly. this is due to the fact that the flex version is a similar screen protector as the zagg invisible shields. I'm hoping that it's better because it's sgp, though. I hope it doesn't have that orange peel effect, that it isn't too thick, and that it is slippery instead of rough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38