Galaxy Nexus randomly turned off?

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Was listening to pandora for 8 hours straight. Shutdown twice within the eight hours. Someone mentioned about lightflow causing corruption at a different forums. So i uninstalled lightflow. Listen to pandora for eight hours straight at work and didnt have any random shutdowns. Dont know if it is lightflow or the OS. Need more time

I'm pretty sure my first random reboot was before I had LitghFlow installed, but it's possible that it's related. I'm sure a lot of people are using LightFlow on their GNs.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine rebooted once I think the day I got it, just looked down and saw the boot up animation going and was like, uh what. Hasn't happened since, but just now after I sent a text it shut off and I had to battery pull to get it to power on. Battery was at 50%, LTE was turned off and I am using the extended battery. Holding the power button down didn't do anything. Also disabled VZW apps.

On a side note about Light Flow, or maybe just the Gnex's notifications in general; anyone notice that sometimes the LED doesn't light up when getting a text and you have to load LF again for them to start working again? I've had it happen 2x >.<

72Monkeys

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Well that really doesn't inspire much confidence in a software fix. I've had my GN for a week and have had the same occurrance three times. All while browsing or using application while listening to player.

*one month with a 4s was enough to wonder why I ever wanted an iphone.....

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine randomly turns off a lot. Like 3 to 4 times a day. I have factory reset it twice with no change. I wonder if its an app. But it is very annoying to go pick the phone up and its just powered down.

It wouldn't be as much of a problem if it rebooted but it powers down and I have to turn it on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had the phone completely shut off(have to turn it on again by pressing and holding the button) 2 times since I bought it. Both times I was in an app that perhaps has not been updated for ICS although they "seem" to work OK most of the time.

So I think this might be an app issue but perhaps the OS should be handling the error a bit better than just shutting down.

BigBodySS

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had it reset now about 6-8 times. The first couple times I was listening to music in MixZing. Then the next couple times I was listening to a podcast in Doggcatcher. I thought it might be an issue with audio but then today it's shut off twice when it was just sitting on my desk doing nothing.

I wonder if there could be an app running in the background that's messing it up.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Mine restarted on me today while I wasn't even using it. I was playing a video game and heard it vibrate next to me so I looked to see what it was. The Google logo popped up and then it rebooted. Not sure why it happened, but it's the only occurrence so far. Just for reference, I run my phone on 3G only unless I need 4G for a more data intensive task.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it is misbehaved apps, plus this is version 4.0.2 ,and version X.0 of any operating system will need upgrades to handle unexpected occurrences and improve performance. I knew this when I signed on to get this phone and it's operating system, so I am not all that worried at this point.

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine has rebooted several times randomly. Check this and vote for it
Issue 22823 - android - Galaxy Nexus random reboots - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So far its only happened to me once (mentioned earlier in the thread) on the stock ROM. I was searching for an app in the market over 3G when it shut off and I had to manually power it back on. That was a day or two after I had gotten the phone but, it hasn't happened since.

Corban227

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine has crashed two times. When i reboot it though, the battery will drop about 5%-7%. This happen to anyone else?

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Couple of random reboots here too...no rhyme or reason it seems.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine has crashed two times. When i reboot it though, the battery will drop about 5%-7%. This happen to anyone else?

Check out this post I wrote about this issue. I had the same thing happen and I wasn't even doing anything on the phone at the time. I just happened to look over and saw the boot animation loop several times. Annoying.

ccjjr59

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen, sent a txt then my phone was just sitting on the couch locked and I see the Google logo. Hope they fix this soon!

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My reboots only happen when listening to music. I think its overheating, I really cant wait until they get this fixed.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just had mine do it again. I was listening to music with Power Amp (on Bluetooth), the sound stuttered, and next thing I know, the Google logo is on the screen...

The last time it happened, I was listening to music with Power amp and using Google Nav in my truck. (had audio cable pluged in to aux, no Bluetooth)

And as I'm typing this, listening to Power Amp (earbuds plugged in, my Bluetooth headphones needed charged) it shut down...

Battery didn't even hit 100F. This is getting old fast...

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My phone randomly locked up once (screen turned off) when it was charging overnight about a week after I got it. I actually couldn't tell if it was powered off or if the power/wake button wasn't working so I did a battery pull and it booted up fine. I assumed it was a bad app or something. Haven't had the same problem since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non