Have you installed Google Wallet APK?

Have you install Google wallet APK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If the apk was official by Google, it would be installed, since it is not i created this poll is to see if how many people are using Google wallet APK. I want to install it, but prior to that I want to verify that there is no mischievous code behind the scenes.

I have no problem installing 3rd party apks, but when my credit card is being used, i have some concerns. I have read that so far it seem very safe and not from a Trojan source.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Have you install Google Wallet APK????

im rooted and unlocked and just recently installed and set it up

everything seems good so far

nice that once you set it up,even before you put your credit card info on it, it will put the free $10 from google on your account. I then bought $20 worth of pre-paid on it and im about to go to McDonalds to try this out. will report my findings on the experience

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If the apk was official by Google, it would be installed, since it is not i created this poll is to see if how many people are using Google wallet APK. I want to install it, but prior to that I want to verify that there is no mischievous code behind the scenes.

I have no problem installing 3rd party apks, but when my credit card is being used, i have some concerns. I have read that so far it seem very safe and not from a Trojan source.

I believe it is the actual google wallet. Because of big red, we are unable to access through the market place.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

im rooted and unlocked and just recently installed and set it up

everything seems good so far

nice that once you set it up,even before you put your credit card info on it, it will put the free $10 from google on your account. I then bought $20 worth of pre-paid on it and im about to go to McDonalds to try this out. will report my findings on the experience

I did not know there was a pre paid feature, that i like! Someone can not run away with purchases.

MajorMullet

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

I installed it. I'm not rooted - it installed and I got it set up with no issues.

Took the free $10 for a test drive this morning at McDonald's. It worked perfectly. Very convenient - I was surprised at how fast it processes the transaction.

zeke013

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm waiting. I am probably unreasonably paranoid - but I'm going to make as certain as I can that this is good to go.

davesax36

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Installed. No root. Worked fine for me this morning, and the girl behind the counter thought it was about the coolest thing ever. Now I'll just use the paypass finder app and see how much stuff I can get on my east coast trip this week. I'm using prepaid, as well. It'll just be easier.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I believe it is the actual google wallet. Because of big red, we are unable to access through the market place.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It has nothing to do with Big Red, and it is not a hack. The only phone that has GW pre-installed is the NexusS4G on Sprint. Not even the original Nexus S.

Brandon

DJCBlue

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

I installed it as soon as I saw the article on AC's front page. Easy to set up and use. I tried it at a gas station this morning with the 10$ prepaid to buy a coffee, but it was declined. I read on Google's site that there are a few places that try to charge your charge with a preset amount to be sure it's available and suggested to add more to the prepaid card. I will test it out later and see if this solution works. I was pleased with how fast and easy it was to actually use it, though.

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

I had installed it the 1st way which needed permission fixes and all of that, it installed and ran and would crash before I could enter my PIN after first contacting the terminal. I restored to prior to that install, installed the app with just the apk. It installed without any trouble and I used this morning at a Kangaroo Express

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I think the apk is the actual one from Google. I think the xda guys inadventently got it through an unexpected market update when they were refining the zip file everyone had been flashing a week ago.

cggeek911

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I installed it last night and used it at the gas station today with no problems. If I was worried about my credit card information, I think I would load a gift/prepaid card on it versus my main credit cards.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm having a blast using it. I like how it blows away cashiers when I pay for something.

protonchain

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Just bought coffee with it at CVS. ing roooocked.

Did you guys have to open the app itself or just unlock your phone?

I opened the app first and then punched in PIN number. Not sure if you have to always do that though.

cggeek911

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Just bought coffee with it at CVS. ing roooocked.

Did you guys have to open the app itself or just unlock your phone?

I opened the app first and then punched in PIN number. Not sure if you have to always do that though.

I did the same as you and entered the PIN first. I was afraid that it wouldn't work and I would be looking crazy if I didn't lol.